WESTFIELDS joint manager Andy Bevan conceded his team only have themselves to play after crashing out of the FA Vase.

It looked like the allpay.park side were on course to reach the fifth round for the first time in the club's history after going into half time 1-0 up against Hamble Club thanks to Jamie Molyneux's goal.

But first half misses ultimately cost Westfields and it was the away side who kicked on after the break.

Nick Watts and Nathan Lynch both scored twice for the Southampton based side, who were experiencing their first season in the competition.

And Westfields' misery was compounded by the dismissals of Sam Gwynne and Phil Glover.

"We talked at half time not to underestimate them because we actually knew how they would play in the second half and that's the disappointing thing from our point of view," said Westfields joint manager Andy Bevan.

"But again, you come in at half time 1-0 up and it probably should have been better than that considering the chances we created.

"I think they had one header in the first half and we had three or four very good chances.

"But that's it and we didn't react to it in the second half unfortunately."

Gwynne was sent off for an alleged elbow in the 66th minute, while Glover saw red for a professional foul in stoppage time.

"In the first half there some kick-outs against our players and nowhere near the ball and ref gave nothing for it, just a free-kick and they kicked the ball away blatantly into the goal and he does nothing," added Bevan.

"Then in the second half, the minute it gets a bit feisty, he's booked a few of ours and sent two off.

"That was disappointing but I'm not making excuses, we weren't good enough in the second half and we know that.

"I think Phil knows he's got to be better than that because we're 4-1 down with only a few minutes to go and it's not worth it.

"You've got to be more clever than that and let them score another if need be rather than get a three game ban."

Hamble Club manager Ben Kneller thought Gwynne's dismissal was harsh.

"The first sending off was right in front of me," he said.

“The Westfields lad has gone for the ball and I don’t think he led with the arm.

“He has to jump and I think our lad made a little bit of it.

“But I think the second one was reckless and he deserved to be sent off."

Westfields started well and saw a Molyneux effort clip the top of the crossbar five minutes in.

Ben Hayes then shot wide before Molyneux lashed the ball home in the 27th minute after a corner fell into his path.

Hayes should have doubled Westfields’ lead on the stroke of half time, but his shot went wide.

That was one of a number of misses for the home team, which would prove to be costly.

Hamble Club levelled two minutes after the break when Lynch headed home a free-kick.

The away side then went in front 10 minutes later when Watts showed great composure to strike the ball home which led to a fan invading the pitch with a flare.

Lynch made it 3-1 with another header three minutes later and Westfields’ chances of getting back in the game were effectively over Sam Gwynne was sent off.

Watts sealed Hamble Club’s win when he capitalised on a poor pass from goalkeeper Keiron Blackburn 10 minutes later before Glover's sending off summed up his side's sorry afternoon.

Westfields now only have the league to play for and they go to Midland League Premier Division leaders Coleshill Town next weekend.

"We haven't played half our games yet and we've got a long hard season," added Bevan.

"We've got to go on another great run.

"We were on one before today, one loss in 13, and we've got to do the same again to put ourself in the mix."