PEGASUS Juniors manager Mick Panniers is confident his team will stay in the West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division despite failing to beat AFC Bridgnorth today.

The two sides were separated by just one position going into the game, but Stone Old Alleynians' win over Dudley Sports has seen Peggy fall to third from bottom.

"We need to stay up so we can regroup as a club and I think we will," said Panniers.

"I can see us pushing up a place or two and we always knew it was going to be hard.

"Unless you've got money, which we haven't, it's hard to get the players.

"But if we battle until the end of the season and pick up enough points, then we can recruit early in the summer.

"If you take out the two older lads, our average age is 18 and we're asking them to work like that week in, week out.

"At the the moment they're doing it, but we need to be picking up wins rather than draws."

Panniers felt Bridgnorth played well and was happy with a point after drawing 1-1.

"We were maybe slightly better in the first half but they put us under a lot of pressure in the second half," he conceded.

"But we're still a young side and are desperate for a central midfielder.

"We worked hard and had one or two chances, but I thought they were quite a decent side even though they are down there with us.

"I'm happy with a point."

Pegasus could have won it, but George Hayes' goal was ruled out for offside.

"I didn't think he was interfering in the first bit, but the linesman said he was and affecting play," said Panniers.

"But if he was when Cory [Hyde] received the ball after he has had a shot and the keeper has saved it, then that should be the second phase.

"But you get there and sometimes you don't."

Hayes went close to opening the scoring in the ninth minute, but his effort from distance went just over.

His opposite number, Liam Bood, then hit a post for Bridgnorth three minutes later before Pegasus did take the lead in the 28th minute.

George Andrews showed good control before exquisitely lobbing goalkeeper Matt Lunn.

Louis Harper and Carl Williams then had efforts for Bridgnorth at the start of the second half before Paul McMullen levelled just before the hour mark after heading home a corner.

Hayes thought he had restored Peggy's lead just four minutes later, only for the offside flag to be raised.

Jon Hopkins then saved well for the home side from Williams , while at the other end, Hayes clipped the top of the bar five minutes from time.