TENBURY United player Chris Patton said he will always remember scoring at Edgar Street despite being on the end of a 15-1 mauling.

Patton scored a cracking goal against the Bulls in the HFA County Challenge Cup quarter-final tie on Tuesday night.

But that was the only positive note for Tenbury as Hereford's class shone.

"It was one of those – it fell nicely and I had to hit it," said Patton.

"I will remember that one and a few people said they have got a little video of it, which is nice for me.

"They were by far the best team I've ever played against.

"They were strong, they were fast and moved so well for each other – it was like we were chasing shadows at times.

"You can never prepare for a game like that, there is such a difference in class."

Goalkeeper Luke Gill had the unenviable task of picking the ball out of the net 15 times.

But he said he he still enjoyed himself and thanked the travelling Tenbury support who cheered on the team throughout the night.

"It's tough for any goalkeeper having to pick the ball out of the net that many times, but I didn't mind it too much, I still enjoyed myself," said Gill.

"We just came here to play as best we could and have fun.

"It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

"The crowd come and support us every week.

"Maybe not that many, but they just wanted to come and cheer us along the way."

Despite being hammered, Tenbury showed endeavour throughout the game, which earned the praise of Hereford manager Pete Beadle.

"Teams who have come here before have thrown the towel in but they didn't," said Beadle.

"Fair play to them, they did great.

"It isn't easy on a pitch that big, but we just had a bit too much for them.

"But they showed great character and kept going right to the very end."

The game was effectively over within a couple of minutes as Hereford opened up a 2-0 lead.

Adam Page – who scored five goals on the night – opened the scoring within seconds of the kick-off before Lance Smith doubled the advantage soon after.

Smith would go on score an 11 minute hat-trick before Page made it 5-0 from the penalty spot.

Patton then had his moment with a cracking goal on the half hour mark, but Hereford went on to score another goal within a minute through James Hancocks.

Smith scored again in the 36th minute to make it 7-1 before the home side went on to score another eight goals after the break.

Page sealed his hat-trick in the 50th minute before George Hayes netted a minute later.

Tenbury kept the scoring down for the next 20 minutes, but Hereford scored two quick goals courtesy of Page and Jamie Bird.

Page then netted goal number 12 nine minutes from time, with Bird grabbing his second on the night.

Two stoppage time goals sealed Tenbury's fate; an own goal making it 14-1 with Mike Symons scoring Hereford's 15th goal.

Tenbury will now have to dust themselves down for a crucial HFA County League Premier Division game against unbeaten Fownhope this Saturday.

"This was a big occasion for us, playing under lights against a big team like Hereford, but we know Fownhope are undefeated and for us personally, that game is bigger for us," added Patton.

"It was an amazing experience to play against Hereford, but there was no expectation on us, whereas we can't afford to lose on Saturday."

* TENBURY Town meanwhile played their first league game in over a month last Saturday, going down 4-2 to Westfields Reserves.

Alex Bright and Kieron Worthington scored Tenbury's goals.