WELLINGTON manager Gary Stevens was delighted with his team after they upset higher-graded Shawbury United in the first qualifying round of the FA Vase.

Goals from Jack Lewis, Josh Hunt and Paul Jones, as well as an own goal, saw the villagers beat their Midland League opponents 4-2.

Wellington will now host Worcestershire outfit Littleton in the next round.

"We lost the toss and they attacked us from the start," said Stevens.

"We also played against a very strong wind and we didn't get to grips with that for 10 to 15 minutes.

"We went into half time 1-0 down but I told the players that they weren't playing poorly.

"Within 15 minutes of the second half, we turned it around and were 3-1 up.

"We allowed them to get back into it and they made it 3-2, but then we scored a great goal."

Stevens says he doesn't know much about Littleton, who play in Midland Football League Division One.

"It will be a tough fixture and we will be the giants I suppose having beaten a team from a higher league," said Stevens.

"They will therefore be looking for a scalp."

Westfields have also marched on to the next round after beating Stapenhill 4-2.

Sean Edwards' side were a little slow out of the blocks and neither team were able to score in the first half.

However, Westfields kicked on after the break and opened the scoring through a fine Alex Hainault volley.

Dan Polan, who was making his first start since rejoining the club, then set up Richard Greaves for 2-0 before Harry Austin pulled a goal back for Stapenhill just past the hour mark.

The lively Kingsford Adjei restored Westfields' two-goal advantage, but a misplaced pass led to Marcus Coombs to score to give Stapenhill hope a minute from time.

However, Craig Jones sealed the win shortly afterwards.

Westfields are home to Daventry in the next round.

Pegasus Juniors though are out after losing 3-1 to lower-graded Droitwich Spa in extra-time.

It looked like Mick Panniers' side were on course for their first win of the season after Ben Price opened the scoring in the 51st minute.

But Matthew Hunt equalised for the Midland League Division Two outfit three minutes into stoppage time to send the tie into extra-time.

James Lemon then put Droitwich ahead in the 102nd minute before Bradley Burgess sealed the win a minute from time.