JOSH Emery said he is enjoying playing for Pegasus Juniors after experiencing some personal problems.

The central midfielder signed a deal to play for Hereford FC in the summer after a trial at the club.

But Emery, who is the son of former Hereford United player Steve Emery, injured his foot and, coupled with other problems, took a break away from the game.

"I trialled at Hereford and signed a contract and then, while I was there, I got injured on my toe and then I had a few issues behind the scenes," said Emery, who played in Hereford FC's first ever home game against FC United of Manchester.

"I had to sort those out before I got back into football again because they were setting me back, as well as the injury.

"I went through a really tough time, but I battled through it and got it all sorted and am back on the straight and narrow now.

"I had one or two games for Ledbury Town, but it wasn't a good enough standard to be honest.

"Obviously I like playing for my local town, but I want to be playing as high as possible and getting back into football.

"About three weeks ago I got a phone call to ask if I could come along and play [for Pegasus] and I said I would.

"I'm now slowly getting back into football."

Emery partnered Hereford FC's Anthony Robbins in central midfield in a 2-1 home defeat against Haughmond last Saturday.

"Playing with someone that knows how to play in centre midfield is always easier," said Emery.

"He likes to get the ball down, I like to get the ball down and playing a decent standard of football."

Peggy are seventh in West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division and are on course to secure a place in next season's FA Cup.

"We have got some quality players and if they focus on their football, then they have got chances of going further.

"Hopefully we'll get in the top nine which which will mean we can play in the FA Cup."

Pegasus went into last Saturday's game having won seven of their last eight games in all competitions, but defensive mistakes cost them against Haughmond.

"The first goal was a mistake, but I thought we came back well and got back into the game," said Pegasus manager James Edmonds.

"I thought we were quite comfortable in the second half and the game was heading for 1-1 and we gave away another silly goal, which was disappointing after a good result in the week.

"We have come a long way since the start of the year and in some ways it's good that all the boys are disappointed that we haven't got a win."

Haughmond already had chances to score before Matt Jones put them ahead in the ninth minute.

But Tom Gameson equalised for Pegasus five minutes later after he capitalised on Sam Pearson's shot being saved.

Nathan Phillips then kept the home side in the game with a spectacular save from Dean Richards shortly before half time.

In the second half, Pearson tried his luck with a curling effort for Pegasus before Haughmond went ahead in the 67th minute through Dave Howarth.

Pegasus had chances to level the game, notably when Emery saw his header go over from a corner, but the away side held on for the win.