THE bid by disaffected Hereford United fans to draw attention to the situation at Edgar Street has been stepped up to a new level this week.

Several hundred Bulls supporters were expected to make a peaceful protest at Kidderminster Harriers’ televised match with Welling at Aggborough last night.

And the campaign to reclaim the club from the current owners has been given a new focus by an expertly produced video by former club media officer Jamie Griffiths. The video sets out clearly fans’ disillusionment with the situation at Edgar Street, revolving around former majority shareholder Tommy Agombar’s on-going involvement, and their desire to reconstitute as a fan-based club.

“The feedback has been very positive,” said Griffiths. “One fan said that he had more or less given up but that the video has refuelled his hope.

“That made it worthwhile but really the aim was to get something out there which could be spread on social media - there are even clubs in the Southern League Premier which have no idea what has been going on at Edgar Street.

“In 24 hours since the video went up, there have been 6,000 views. It is very easy to share on social media.”

The video can be seen at

l Hereford were beaten for the fifth time at home and extended their winless run to five matches when they were beaten 2-1 by Corby Town at Edgar Street on Tuesday night.

After a lively start, which saw Sam Bobes-Gilroy hit the outside of a post and Bilal Yafai have a shot turned on to the bar and over by Corby keeper Paul Walker, Hereford were gradually pushed back as the first-half progressed.

A minute before the interval, Wilson Carvalho drilled a low shot past Luke Williams from the edge of the area.

Eleven minutes into the second half, after Hereford again had made a promising start, United skipper Brad-Lee Gascoigne needlessly brought down Greg Mills in the area. It was a clear penalty and Mills beat Williams from the spot.

Hereford pulled a goal back nine minutes later when Obi Onyeike’s marauding run down the right set up the chance for fellow full-back Javia Roberts to drive home a well-taken goal.

But after that, Corby’s good defensive organisation kept chances to a minimum as the Steelmen held on to the points.

Hereford now face Cambridge City at Edgar Street on Saturday.


HEREFORD: Williams, Onyeike, Roberts, O’Neill, Gascoigne, O’Reilly, Sullivan (Hawker 63), Bobes-Gilroy, Akinde (Mor-Diop 72), Yafai, Kone. Subs not used: Farmer, Oyibo, Traore.

CORBY: Walker, Kennedy (Appleton 80), Thomas, Malone, Anton, Byrne, Mills, Taylor, Chamberlain (McInally 73), Weir-Daley, Carvalho. Subs not used: Donkin, Hartley, May.

Referee: Mark Billingham.

Attendance: 254 (including 15 from Corby).

Goals: Carvalho, 44 min, 0-1; Mills pen, 60 min, 0-2; Roberts, 69 min, 1-2.