A WORCESTER business has donated a shed to a family after their home was destroyed in a fire.

D&J Timber Buildings Ltd based in Worcester has built and installed a shed for the Falconer family’s rescue dogs after a fire destroyed their home.

The family managed to save 11 out of 15 of their rescue dogs from the blaze.

Daniel Cox from the shed and fencing company said: “A friend of the family affected by the fire had got in touch with us to see if we could help.

“She explained that the fire had killed a couple of the rescue dogs they had and that the remaining dogs had no shelter from the elements and wondered if we could donate a shed so that the dogs had somewhere to be dry and warm from the weather.”

The fire, which was caused by a tumble dryer on February 6, took place in Twyning, near Tewkesbury.

READ MORE: Man who was refused travel by West Midlands Railway defecated on station floor

Body found in search for missing Worcester man

Mr Cox added: “We always try to help out where possible within the local community and the devastation this family had from the fire was heart breaking.

“D&J Timber Buildings were more than happy to help, not only the family but the rescue dogs, that would benefit from the donated building. The building would cost £755 to build and install which we feel is a small price to pay to help out in such terrible circumstances.

“D&J hope that we have in some way helped the family on their way to rebuilding their livelihood and wish them all the best for a quick recovery from this awful situation.”

The £755 shed was installed on March 2.

Steve Falconer, whose house was destroyed, said: “We lost everything. We lost our living, our yard, my stepdaughter’s flat and our barn.

“The donation from Dan has been amazing.

“Without the generosity of the community we wouldn’t be where we are now. We still have a long way to go but it’s a start.”

A fundraising page has been set up for the family by a friend, Deena Waldron.

Ms Waldon posted on the funding page: “Their lives have been completely destroyed by a catastrophic fire that has wiped out absolutely everything - their homes, their stables, absolutely everything. They are left with just the clothes they stand in, but thankful they are alive.”

To donate, visit www.gofundme.com/f/jacqui-amp-skyes-stable-yard-burnt-to-the-ground/donate