PAUL Parry reflected on the moment when he came within inches of writing his name into FA Cup folklore.

The 19-year-old Hereford United winger said he was "gutted" when his second-half shot hit the post, so denying his team another famous victory over Premiership side Leicester City.

But Parry's display in Saturday's 0-0 third round draw is sure to have caught the eye of several bigger clubs and could earn him a big-money move.

The Bulls now face a money-spinning replay at Filbert Street on December 22, with a fourth round trip to Arsenal or Blackpool awaiting the winners.

He said: "I just picked up the ball and decided to run with it, and just had enough legs at the end to have a go. It looked like it was going in and I was gutted when it hit the post."

Parry was proud of the way the Bulls matched their illustrious opponents. "I had never played in front of a crowd like that before. I was nervous at the start but as soon as I touched the ball for the first time, the nerves went out of the window.

"It was tremendous. The fans got right behind us and we did them proud.

"We knew what to expect -- Leicester are a hard, battling side but I thought we did well and battled against them. We had a good half-hour and had chances to win it, and I thought we did really well."

Parry says he can't wait for the replay at Filbert Street. "It will ruin our Christmas party the night before, but I am really looking forward to it."

Midfielder John Snape, who had an outstanding game, said: "We are more than happy with our team performance.

"Realistically at home is our best chance, but we will go there full of confidence and enthusiasm."

Skipper Ian Wright said: "Our performance was very good and we could have nicked it as well. It was very enjoyable to play in."

Leicester boss Martin O'Neill was also full of praise for Hereford. He said: "We could have won the game and not got any credit out of it, but all credit to Hereford -- I thought they were terrific."

Midfielder Robbie Savage added: "They did well today and I have to take my hat off to them. They won't fancy coming to Filbert Street but we won't underestimate them."

BBC commentator John Motson, who made his name in the famous Newcastle match of 1972, was also full of praise for Hereford.

He said: "I think on their second-half performance if any team was going to win the game, it was definitely going to be Hereford.

"If that shot had gone in Paul Parry would have been the new Ronnie Radford -- that's how close Hereford were.

"Ian Wright was my man of the match. I thought he was terrific and in the second- half I think Leicester were hanging on.

"I would think Martin O'Neill was relieved to come back for a replay," said the BBC veteran.