EWYAS Harold started sluggishly but eventually ran out 3-1 winners against visiting Ross United Services in the Premier Division of the Hereford Times Here-fordshire League.

The visitors were often first to the ball in the opening exchanges and Luke Gray twice found himself in good positions but failed to produce the finishing touch.

Harold, who were last season's runners-up, fought their way back into the game and Pete Lamb had a goal-bound shot headed away before Ross hit back to break the deadlock on 27 minutes when defensive uncertainty allowed Gray to put Steve French away to score.

Ross almost increased their advantage shortly afterwards when Biggin headed against the bar but Harold immediately sprung into life and Lamb powered home an equaliser with a 30-yard strike.

Harold improved noticeably after the interval and took the lead when John Ferneyhough fed Tommy Taylor who fired in from the edge of the box.

The home side sealed the points with a third goal after Ferneyhough picked up the ball just outside the Ross box, beat his marker and hit a shot wide of the visiting goalkeeper.

Weston romped to a comprehensive 4-1 home victory over an inexperienced Leominster side who were without several established players.

Adrian Wigmore, James Gibbons, Derek Roberts and Chris Davis bagged goals for Weston, while Jim Watkins netted Leominster's reply from the penalty spot.

A brace from James Howard led newly-promoted Hereford Lads Club to a 4-2 home triumph over Hinton in an entertaining affair.

Hinton took the lead on 25 minutes when Jodie Daw stabbed home a Dave Cadwallader corner, but Lads Club drew level on the stroke of half time through Jason Fry.

Hinton regained the advantage after the restart when Daw was fouled inside the area and Shaun Glover slotted home the spot-kick.

But Lads Club finished the match strongly, with a couple of tactical substitutions proving influential, and the home side secured the points with a late double from Howard and a goal by Rick Real.

A Matt Goodall hat-trick inspired Fownhope to a thrilling 4-3 home victory over visiting Westfields, who opened up a 2-0 lead at the break.

Westfields deserved their two-goal first-half cushion but Goodall led Fownhope's rival and Ian Jordan also found the net for the villagers. Tim Powell (2) and Carl Preece scored for Westfields.

Sutton took the lead within 40 seconds of their home clash with Woofferton but had Stuart New sent-off following an off-the-ball incident and were held to a 1-1 draw in a hard-fought battle.

Dwyane Anning gave Sutton a flying start, tapping in a corner, and the home side proceeded to dominate the rest of first half but missed a number of gilt-edged opportunities.

A below-par Woofferton had the majority of possession for a 25-minute period after the interval but could not find an equaliser until the referee awarded the visitors a penalty for a handball offence and substitute Neil Crump converted the spot-kick.

Sutton finished the match strongly but the game ended on a sour note when New was dismissed after a scuffle with Wooferton defender Alan Hogg.