EMERGENCY services pulled a person out of a house fire in Herefordshire.

A spokesperson from Hereford and Worcester fire service said crews from Leominster fire station got to the scene in Ryelands Road, in Leominster, yesterday at 00.56am (August 10).

Crews from Kingsland and Tenbury fire stations also helped tackle the blaze.

The fire was caused after burnt cooking, said the spokesperson.

Police had already got the person living in the house out before the fire service arrived.

The casualty was then checked over by paramedics.