Hereford Times

Guiseley v Hereford FC minute by minute updates and scores


Guiseley v Hereford FC minute by minute updates and scores

By Ben Goddard

Last updated:

  • Guiseley 0 Hereford 1
  • 45+1: McLean breaks through pulls it back and it falls to Ryan Lloyd to slams the ball home
  • Guiseley 0 Hereford 2
  • 65) Ryan McLean beats his man before firing the bottom corner with his effort across goal.
  • ----------------------------------
  • Guiseley had the first opening when Dan Smith lost the run of Brad Nicholson who crossed and Krystian Pearce's clearence took a deflection off Jared Hodgkiss and clear.
  • Shaun Tuton should have put Guiseley ahead on 11 minutes after their skipper Jamie Spencer put a searching ball into the box but his header was wide.
  • Moments later Tom Owen-Evans flashed an effort over.
  • After returning to the Hereford squad ahead of the match Zeli Ismail had to wait just 22 minutes for his introduction when Miles Storey suffered a head injury and had to be taken off.
  • Guiseley were looking the more threatening side and Lebru Mbeka rose highest from a corner but saw his header fly over the bar.
  • The Bulls took the lead inside first half stoppage with Ryan McLean breaking clear to the byline and pulling the ball back for Ryan Lloyd to slam home.
  • After withstanding second half pressure the Bulls broke quickly and Ismail released Tom Owen-Evans who saw his effort saved at close range by the advancing Brad Wade.
  • Ryan McLean had a moment to forget and then scored Hereford's second.
  • Firstly the young winger fired over despite rounding the goalkeeper after Dan Smith had found him through on goal.
  • However, moments later McLean did find the net racing past his marker before firing low in off the post.
  • On the 70th minute Guiseley should have pulled a goal back as Ryan Hutchinson was found in acres of space on the edge before firing his effort over.
  • The Bulls were looking to see out the tie but substitute Luke Hall did go close with a long distance effort that whistled past the post.
  • Referee Paul Brown almost gave Guiseley a way back into the game after judging Ryan Lloyd had handled as he headed a corner away.
  • However, the Bulls will have felt retribution was done as Jamie Spencer slipped and blazed over.
  • Spencer had another golden chance moments later after Josh Stones had opened up the defence with his cross, but Hall met his effort.
  • ---------------------------
  • Attendance: 966
  • ------------------------
  • Hereford: Hall, Hodgkiss, Haines (Vincent 71), Pearce, McLean, Owen-Evnans, Storey (Ismail 22), Lloyd, Pollock, Smith, Fini
  • Subs: Andoh, Njie, Sodeinde
  • Hereford are unchanged from the side that beat Chorley.
  • Midfielder Zeli Ismail has returned to the Hereford squad while there are three changes on the bench with Ismail, Njie and Sodeinde in for Kouhyar, Charles and Whittingham out of the matchday squad
  • Guiseley: Wade, Cantrill, Nicholson, Ekpolo, Hull, Mbeka, Gratton, Spencer, Tuton, Hey, Hutchinson
  • Subs: Brown, Lambton, Hall, Hollins, Stones
  • ---------------------
  • Uhlsport Hellenic League
  • Premier Division
  • Thornbury Town 1 Westfields 1
  • Chipping Sodbury 0 Hereford Lads Club 2
  • Division One
  • Hereford Pegasus Juniors 1 Cheltenham Saracens 0
  • Division Two West
  • Slimbridge Res 0 Kington 0
  • National 2 North
  • Luctonians 17 Bournville 11
  • ------------------------
  • HEREFORD FC will be looking for back-to-back league wins when they face Guiseley in Yorkshire this afternoon.
  • The Bulls sit a place and a point in the league ahead of today's hosts who have also had a difficult start to their season.
  • Hereford midfielder Maziar Kouhyar is on international duty and will amongst those missing for the Bulls’ trip to Guiseley on Saturday.
  • Currently on the Bulls' injury list are Harry Pinchard, George Forsyth and goalkeeper Nykah Liburd-Hines and they are also set to miss the game.
  • Midfielder Zeli Ismail has returned to the Hereford squad to face Guiseley in the National League North this afternoon.
  • The referee today is Paul Brown, the same ref who gave Hereford a penalty in their 1-0 win here last season