A HEREFORD woman who has spent more than 10 years fighting for justice wants a charge of corporate manslaughter brought against an NHS trust after her baby died when only a few hours old.

It follows the leaking of a report into maternity services provided by the Shropshire and Telford Hospital NHS Trust that includes the death of 39 babies and three mothers over a period of 40 years.

Baby Kate Stanton-Davies died in her father's arms in Birmingham, hours after being born at the maternity unit at Ludlow Hospital in 2009.

The baby's mother Rhiannon Davies, who now lives in Hereford, said she still thinks the full scale of the problems at the trust's maternity services haven't been exposed.

The leaked interim report said staff routinely dismissed parents' concerns.

Ms Davies, whose baby daughter Kate Stanton-Davies died after delays in transferring her from Ludlow hospital to a doctor-led maternity unit, said: "The narrative that lessons have been learned has to change because lessons are not being learned.

"Everything within that (the leaked report) happened to us.

"I am going to push for the police to bring a charge of corporate manslaughter against the trust."

Ms Davies believes the review team still do not have case notes relating to hundreds of concerns raised about the trust.

She added: "We do not know the scale of it even now, I just want the police to move in and step in.

"We have been fighting as a family for 10-and-a-half years. It's frustrating and it's stressful, but we are fighting to save babies' lives in our daughter's name.

"I don't trust anyone else other than the police now, there have been too many false promises for too long."

The tragedy for the family started when Kate was born in Ludlow Maternity Unit.

Initially all seemed to be well, but baby Kate deteriorated and was eventually decided she should be taken to a specialist baby unit.

An air ambulance was called, but Ms Davies was told she couldn't travel with her newborn.

As Ms Davies and her partner Richard Davies made their way by car to Birmingham, she became unwell and was taken by land ambulance to hospital in Worcester.

Mr Stanton continued in the car to the Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham, where he arrived just in time to see baby Kate shortly before she died in his arms.

Eventually an independent investigation was opened.

It initially concerned 270 cases, but campaigners say that this has been increased to more than 600 from 1979 up to the present day.

But the report has not been completed and has been on-going.

Interviewed by the BBC after the leak Mr Stanton described it as "shocking and tragic".

"This is an avoidable tragedy," he said.

He said that attempts to get answers from the trust had resulted in being "blocked every step of the way" for 10 years.