A WOMAN'S fatal lung condition was caused by industrial disease, an inquest has heard.

Linda Smith, 64, died at St Michael's Hospice on May 21 this year after suffering from lung cancer.

The inquest at Herefordshire Coroner's Court on September 10 heard how the former administrator had been exposed to asbestos.

The exposure occured either through her own employment, or by washing the clothes of her ex-husband who worked at a brick factory during their marriage.

Ms Smith had moved to Hereford during her illness to be cared for by her sister, before being transferred to the Bartestree hospice for palliative care.

Coroner Mark Bricknell recorded Ms Smith's death as caused by industrial disease and paid tribute to her family for their care.

He passed on his condolences and added, "I am sure you did all you could."