A 70-YEAR-old woman died after being exposed to asbestos during her career.

Marilyn Beddow died on December 12 last year at St Michael's Hospice.

A post mortem revealed she died from peritoneal mesothelioma which was complicated by bronchopneumonia.

The inquest at Herefordshire Coroner's Court heard Ms Beddow, who lived in Thistledown Grove in Hereford, had worked at a number of different places during her career.

The inquest heard she might have been exposed to asbestos while she worked as a customer services manager at Joseph Ash Ltd between 1998 and 2005.

The factory in Mortimer Road had asbestos within the building structure.

Coroner Mark Bricknell said: "There is no evidence of her having any hobbies or other interests which may have accounted for exposure to asbestos. Nearly all mesothelioma is caused by asbestos exposure. I am satisfied, therefore, on the balance of probability she was exposed to asbestos during the course of her employment."

He concluded Ms Beddow died as a consequence of an industrial disease.