WOOFFERTON went seven up to extend their lead at the top of the Hereford Times Herefordshire League Division One table to six points.

With AFC Ludlow’s Dickie Everall pulling the strings in midfield, they swamped Tupsley 7-0 with both Marian Jusko and Simon Bradley bagging braces and the other goals coming from Luke Pugh, Jack Pound and Dean Harding.

“Tupsley were poor and didn't trouble us much but it was good to see our lads passing well and creating chances,” said player/spokesman Dave 'Magnum' Thomas.

“Holme Lacy in second place have games in hand but they have to win those to catch us. There are around five teams in the race for top spot.”

Lian Watton scored for Orleton Colts Reserves in a 3-1 defeat at Kingstone Harriers, but their senior side were impressive 5-1 winners over Lads Club Reserves in the Premier Division.

Shane Jennings (2), Dan Crowther, Steve Swan and James Bentley hit the goals and player boss Kristian Morgan admitted:?“We haven’t played for a while but we have been training on the 3G pitch at Ludlow and it paid dividends.”

Twins Aaron (2) and Sean Gough spearheaded Church Stretton to their best win of the season with a 6-1 verdict over Wroxeter Rovers in the Mercian League.

Will Twyford also bagged a brace after Ashley Wells had opened the scoring with a screamer against a Wroxeter side who are fourth in the table. Boss Paul Smith said:?“We have a settled team now and we seem to be going from strength to strength.”

But while Stretton were celebrating, Clee Hill United were licking their wounds. The Division One leaders suffered a 4-2 defeat at AFC Wellington, who have now won all six league games and moved level on points with Clee with two games in hand.

Wayne Whitbread’s men were undone by four booming long throws on a narrow pitch, with Stevie Preece netting both their goals. Though Clee had cause to rue some first-half misses Whitbread conceded that it was “a bad day at the office.”

Newcastle produced all the effort and commitment joint bosses John Goodridge and Len Jones could have asked for against Knighton Town Reserves in Mid Wales League South, but still finished on the wrong end of a 2-0 scoreline.

Visiting keeper Stuart Turpin performed heroics to keep Newcastle at bay, and the villagers have now gathered only one point from the last 12, a stark contrast to their four-match winning run that opened the season.

Newcastle’s woe was complete when the second goal came from former player Billy Hyett, who capitalised when keeper Gary Davies slipped taking a goal kick.