THE LONDON BOROUGH OF LEWISHAMNotice ID: SUT1081656
THE LONDON BOROUGH OF LEWISHAM
PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS AND CONSERVATION AREAS) ACT 1990 SECTIONS 69 AND 70
DESIGNATION OF THE PERRY VALE AND CHRISTMAS ESTATE CONSERVATION AREA
This Notice is given pursuant to section 70 of the above Act. On 16th January, 2019 the Council determined that the area described in the Schedule below ("the Conservation Area") is an area of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance. The Council has therefore designated that area a conservation area to be known as the Perry Vale and Christmas Estate Conservation Area.
The effect of the designation of the Perry Vale and Christmas Estate Conservation Area (and described in the Schedule) is as follows:
1. In carrying out any functions, under the Planning Acts (and in particular, in determining applications for planning permission and listed building consent) in respect of land in the Conservation Area, the authority is under a duty to pay special attention to the desirability of preserving or enhancing the character or appearance of that area.
2. Trees in the conservation area are given special protection. Six weeks' notice in writing must be given to the local planning authority before any works are carried out to a tree in the area. It is an offence to cut down, lop, top or uproot a tree without giving this written notice of intent.
3. The Council is now under a duty to formulate and publish proposals for the preservation and enhancement of the Conservation Area.
4. Permitted development rights for development in the Conservation Area are more restricted in the conservation area (persons wishing to exercise those rights within the Conservation Area should seek advice from the local planning authority).
5. The display of new illuminated advertisements on business premises; flag advertisements of a type specified in Class 7AA, 7AB and 7B; advertisements on balloons (Class 15) and on telephone kiosks (Class 16) in the Conservation Area will require express advertisement consent. Advertisements displayed prior to the date of the adoption of the conservation area under Class 4A, 4B and 8 of the Town & Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) Regulations 2007 are subject to the time limits prescribed for their continued display under the respective Class.
6. Specific statutory duties are imposed upon telecommunications operators.
The area included in the Perry Vale and Christmas Estate Conservation Area include:
- Perry Vale; 108-118, 118a even and 127-153 odd (not including 127a)
- Sunderland Road; 58-72 even and 37
- Gaynesford Road; 2-36 even and 9-23 odd
- Church Rise; 24-28 even and 49-55 odd
- South Road; The apostles (1-12), The Chapel, The Vicarage, Tudor House, Tudor Lodge, Hamilton Hall, Oakland House, Devon House, Derwent House, Highlands and Kilkare
A map showing the full extent of the Conservation Area may be inspected, free of charge, during normal office hours at the Council's Planning Service Information Desk located in Laurence House, 1 Catford Road, Catford, London, SE6 4RU. Dated 20 March 2019
Kath Nicholson, Head of Law, Duly Authorised Officer, Of the Council