County of Herefordshire Council -Public Legal NoticeNotice ID: WR4319480
County of Herefordshire Council -Public Legal Notice
Local Government(Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982, Schedule4
Proposed Amendment to Designation of Street forStreet Trading
1. HerefordshireCouncil is consideringmaking an amendment to theschemethatexists to regulatestreettradinginHerefordshire. At present,High Town,Hereford, HR1 2AA is currentlydesignated as a'consent' street. The proposal is to rescind this statusand replaceit with adesignationofa'licence' street.
2. TheCouncil is seekingviews on this proposal.
3. Thefollowing is the draft resolutionwhichthe Council intends to consider:
To rescindthe designation of High Town, HerefordHR1 2AA as aconsent street and replace it with thatofalicence street.
A'street' is defined under the Actas'any road, footwayorother area to whichthe public have accesswithoutpayment'.
Street trading is defined as the sellingorexposing orofferingfor saleofany article(includinga livingthing) in astreet(subject to anumber of exemptions).
Any applications fortrading consents/licences will continue to be required usingthe prescribed procedures,accessible at www.herefordshire.gov.uk/streettrading
4. Further information aboutthe proposals may be obtained from Markets,Fairs andStreet Trading, Unit 39, ThreeElms TradingEstate, Hereford,HR4 9PUorbycontacting email@example.com
5. If youwish to make arepresentationrelatingto this proposal youmustdosoinwriting within 28daysfromthe dateofpublicationofthis notice. Representations shouldbesent to the ActingAssistant Director,Economy andPlace, c/o Markets,Fairs andStreetTrading, Unit 39,
ThreeElms TradingEstate, Hereford,HR4 9PU
6. Any representations received within the 28 day period will be considered by the Council before it considersthe draft resolutionin3.above.
Datedthis29th November 2018
Chris Jenner - ActingAssistant Director -Technical Services,Economy and Place Directorate