THE COUNTY OF HEREFORDSHIRE DISTRICT (HEREFORD CITY CENTRE) (AMENDMENT 2) ORDER 2018Notice ID: WR4285507
HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL NOTICE OF MAKING
THE COUNTY OF HEREFORDSHIRE DISTRICT
(HEREFORD CITY CENTRE) (AMENDMENT 2) ORDER 2018
Notice is hereby given that Herefordshire Council in exercise of its powers under Sections 1, 2, 4, 32(1), 35(1), 45, 46, 49 and 53 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, Section 63 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 and of all other enabling powers made the above Order, the effects of which will be:
1. To extend the maximum stay period for all on-street pay and display parking places in Hereford city centre to 2 hours and to introduce an associated charge of £3 for stays of up to 2 hours. The existing charges will remain the same (50p for stays of up to 30 minutes and £1 for stays of up to 1 hour with a 36p convenience charge for payments by phone).
2. To rename the Castle Street, Cantilupe Street and St. Ethelbert Street residents parking zone to 'Zone 2'.
3. To introduce pay and display parking (max stay 2 hours, no return 2 hours) or permit holders (Zone 2) Monday to Saturday, 8am - 6pm restrictions in the followings lengths of road:
(a) Castle Street, north side: from its western closed end to 4m west of the western kerbline of Ferrers Street and from 4m east of the eastern kerbline of Ferrers Street eastwards for 27m.
(b) Castle Street, south side: from its western closed end to 3.5m west of the western kerbline of Quay Street, from 3.5m east of the eastern boundary of Quay Street eastwards for 79m and from 115.5m east of the eastern boundary of Quay Street eastwards for 21.5m.
(c) St. Ethelbert Street, south-east side: from opposite 4.5m south-west of the southern kerbline of East Street south-westwards for 56m.
The charges will be as per point 1.
(50p for stays of up to 30 minutes,
£1 for stays of up to 1 hour and £3 for stays
of up to 2 hours with a 36p convenience
charge for payments by phone).
4. To introduce permit holder only (Zone 2) Monday to Saturday, 8am - 6pm restrictions in the following lengths of road:
(a) Castle Street, north side: from 4.5m west of the western kerbline of St. Ethelbert Street westwards for 56m.
(b) Castle Street, south side: from 82.5m east of the eastern boundary of Quay Street eastwards for 33m.
5. To include within the Traffic Order provision for the Council to suspend on-street charging at its discretion, for example during special events.
The Order will come into operation on
10th September 2018.
A copy of the draft Order, plan and Statement of Reasons are available for inspection during the normal office hours at the Councils offices
at Plough Lane, Hereford, HR4 0LE (telephone 01432 260000). They can also be
viewed on the Councils website at (www.herefordshire.gov.uk) in the Traffic Regulation Order section. Photocopies of the said documents may be provided on payment of the photocopying charges of the Council.
Any queries in relation to this Order may be
directed to Tel: 01432 261 800 or
If any person wishes to question the validity of the Order or of any of its provisions on the grounds that it or they are not within the powers conferred by the Act, or that any requirement of the Act or of any instrument made under the Act has not been complied with that person may do so by application to the High Court within six weeks from the date the Order was made.
Date: 6th September 2018 rS-x Herefordshire w Council