CLAIMS that Hereford United asked for Tuesday’s safety meeting to be postponed have been refuted.
Bulls’ advisor Joel Nathan told the Hereford Times last night that the meeting, which included representatives from Herefordshire Council, the police and fire service, had been postponed until tomorrow at the Edgar Street club’s request.
But a council spokesperson today said it was the safety advisory group which suggested an adjournment.
Nathan told the Hereford Times that a company advising the club on ground safety had only been appointed at midnight on Monday night, prompting the club to request an adjournment so the advisors could “have a good look around and ensure that everything that needed to be done was done.”
Following Tuesday’s meeting, Mike Pigrem, the council’s head of trading standards and licensing, said the advisory group was not satisfied that certain requirements had been met and that all relevant paperwork was in place.
“At this stage, we are still unable to authorise the club’s safety certificate,” he said.
“However, we are working closely with the club’s newly appointed safety consultants as well as club representatives, in order to try and resolve the outstanding issues.”