HEREFORD United remain on the brink after their latest appearance in the Royal Courts of Justice on Monday brought a seven-day adjournment.

At the request of the solicitor for former boss Martin Foyle who with his assistant Andy Porter, had sought the initial winding-up order against the club, the hearing was put back to next Monday.

It is now believed that, in addition to HMRC, who had already added their names to Foyle's petition, several other creditors are now among the co-petitioners seeking the winding-up of the club.

This could mean that United will have to find potentially substantial funds, over above the more than £250,000 sought by Foyle, Porter and HMRC in order to continue to trade.

Football chairman Andy Lonsdale has continued to remain upbeat about the club's prospects.

"The investment is there," he said. "We're doing everything we possibly can to make sure the club goes forward in a stronger position."

United will be receiving a small cash injection following the transfer of Sam Clucas from Mansfield Town to Chesterfield on transfer deadline day.

Hereford held a sell-on clause entitling them to 15% of any transfer fee above the original £20,000 paid when Clucas moved from Edgar Street to Field Mill.

However, the transfer fee is, as yet, 'undisclosed' so it is unclear how much will be forthcoming.

On another small positive note for the club, the Royal National College for the Blind has moved to quash rumours that there is money outstanding for player accommodation.

“To address rumours that HUFC has reneged on payments for the players’ stay at The Royal National College for the Blind’s Gardner Hall accommodation, it is the Business & Commercial Manager’s wish to state that all monies due are paid and up to date,” said the college's statement.

Meanwhile visit Histon on Saturday and there then due to travel to Paulton Rovers on Tuesday night.

Their trip to the outskirts of Bristol, however, could well be dependent on the outcome of next Monday's court hearing.

The Hereford United Independent Supporters Association was officially closed at a final meeting on Monday night.

The association's shares in Hereford United will be passed to the Hereford United Supporters Trust with funds transferred to United in the Community.