TWO of Herefordshire's representatives in the FA Cup extra preliminary round have won through to the next stage.

And the third earned a replay with a battling away display.

Wellington boss Derek Williams was delighted after his side earned a revenge win over Ellesmere Rangers.

"They did us 6-1 when they came down here at the end of last season," he said. "That's probably the biggest home defeat we have ever had."

Williams' side have made a fine start to the campaign with three straight wins, including Saturday's cup success, but have done so with largely the same side as last season.

"We've brought in Ben Thomas from Westfields Reserves," he said. "But we have lost Saul Thomas who is out awaiting a knee operation.

"He has got a tear in a cartilage and will be having a knee operation in October.

"Goalkeeper Mark Eden has gone off to play rugby for Greyhound but we have a Romanian, Chris Manuti keeping goal for us.

"He is supposed to be going back to Romania in November but if we can find him a job then he will stay till February."

Wellington's early attacking start paid off when Paul Jones got round the back of the away defence to score in the bottom corner with his left foot.

Aaron Morgan and Andy Price went close at the start of the second half.

But the game remained end to end with Manuti in top form and Sam Archer-Plane and Dave Price combining well down the left

Twenty minutes from time, Gareth Thomas chipped the away defence for Aaron Morgan to pull the ball back for Dave Price to hammer home.

A penalty, successfully converted, to the away team for hand ball made it a tense finish before Wellington clinched a home tie with Stourport in the competition's next round.

WESTFIELDS are also through to the preliminary round after a 2-1 win at Gornal.

The Herefordshire side got away to a great start when, in the fourth minute, Dan Polan cut in from the left and played a one-two with Jamie Cuss before scoring with a deflected shot.

Westfields had a slice of good fortune when a Gornal shot came back off an upright but Fields also had their moments, especially when Polan and Sam Gwynne combined to set up Dene Whittall-Williams for a shot which was saved by the home keeper.

A fine finger-tip save from Matt Gwynne preserved the visitors' lead before, 15 minutes from time, Polan added to the lead from close range.

Tom Pigott pulled one back late on but Westfields held on to earn a home tie with Rugby Town.

PEGASUS Juniors turned in a strong defensive display to earn a goalless draw at Sporting Khalsa.

But Juniors had their share of the chances against the highly rated hosts with Jack Lewis and Dan Price both going close in first half.

And the visitors were out of luck just before the interval when a cross from Jack Lewis hit the outside of a post.

After the break, Juniors had to continue with strong defence but had the best chance to settle the tie when Julios De Mata's cross was met on the volley by Chris Mortlock, only for goalkeeper James Pemberton to pull off a brilliant reaction save.