Tommy Agombar sells his shares in Hereford United to a ‘purchaser of distressed debts’

Tommy Agombar.

Tommy Agombar.

First published in Sport
Last updated
Hereford Times: Photograph of the Author by , Sports Reporter

TOMMY Agombar has sold his shares in Hereford United to a ‘purchaser of distressed debts’.

The former majority shareholder revealed on Tuesday he wasn’t allowed to be involved in United because he did not pass the FA owners and directors test for club ownership.

A statement from Marc Landsman, Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, says Agombar is no longer associated with the company or club.

“In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,” said Landsman.

“As at the time of this update (midnight on Thursday 14 August) no claim or proxies had been received from the new owner (a limited company) in relation to these debts.

“The shares were sold to the same company."

Landsman added: “They were sold by Mr Agombar since the Football Association had made it clear that if he did not cut all potential positions of power within the club (including the debt owed to him since they considered that this could place him in position of control due to the high level of debt) the football club ran the risk of being suspended or expelled from the Southern Football League.”

Comments (19)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:19am Thu 14 Aug 14

B the B says...

“In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,”

So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.
“In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,” So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry. B the B
  • Score: 14

10:52am Thu 14 Aug 14

DaveyJonesLocker says...

I thought HUST wanted to buy the club?

Did they make an offer?
I thought HUST wanted to buy the club? Did they make an offer? DaveyJonesLocker
  • Score: 13

11:10am Thu 14 Aug 14

NOT CONVINCED says...

Doubt they had chance. Imagine the shares were sold before it was even public knowledge that Tommy was not fit and proper.
Doubt they had chance. Imagine the shares were sold before it was even public knowledge that Tommy was not fit and proper. NOT CONVINCED
  • Score: 11

11:12am Thu 14 Aug 14

Moderation says...

i have read loads form supporters,and there associated groups,all saying they had the capital in place to buy the club last season but never had the chance ,they seem to be the same people who want a phoenix club,meaning bankrupting Hereford united 1939 but where are they now??? Also i read of local businessman have a plan and the capital to sort the future out of the club,so hopefully if they are true to the words..they should step forward buy the debt at a reduced rate and save their beloved football club!
i have read loads form supporters,and there associated groups,all saying they had the capital in place to buy the club last season but never had the chance ,they seem to be the same people who want a phoenix club,meaning bankrupting Hereford united 1939 but where are they now??? Also i read of local businessman have a plan and the capital to sort the future out of the club,so hopefully if they are true to the words..they should step forward buy the debt at a reduced rate and save their beloved football club! Moderation
  • Score: 19

12:19pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Kevin Rye says...

B the B wrote:
“In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,”

So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.
I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add.

It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more.

I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you.
[quote][p][bold]B the B[/bold] wrote: “In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,” So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add. It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more. I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you. Kevin Rye
  • Score: -1

12:32pm Thu 14 Aug 14

bobby47 says...

This doesn't really change anything. Our Club was knackered before and it's still knackered today. If there is any bloody change, it's there are more agents and people urinating on the pile that was once the legendary Hereford United Football Club.
Why didn't Mr Keyte dispose of the Club to Hereford United Supporters Trust? Because they kept urinating in his bloody in tray and out of anger and stubbornness he rid himself of the Club to Mr Agomba rather than do business with his enemies.
Why didn't Mr Agomba dispose of the Club to HUST. Same bloody reasons. Anger, spite and stubbornness and a deep resentment that he was urinated on by 'us'.
That's bloody it. Nothing else. If my Milkman knocked on my door and every day I told him, 'you are the worst milkman in the world. I hate you and your face', it wouldn't be entirely surprising if said bloody Milkman stopped delivering me my bloody Milk. This situation we are in is no different and if you've any doubts about the sanity of my simplistic proposition, go onto some of our social media sites and read the comments about all of them who've played a part in thus final and bitter outcome. If I were the target and thank the sweet loving Jesus I'm not, I might have considered acting out of spite and urinating at the feet of my tormentors.
The Club is doomed. We are knackered and but for a few more death roles, some gulping of air and many fine words from the great and the good, the whole thing will very soon collapse and we'll be left with buggar all!
Any of it our fault? Yep! Many of us couldn't be bothered to get out of our seats, stagger into the ground and become part of a two thousand crowd of people who helped pay for the daily running of our Football Club.
You get what you deserve and we've pretty much got it on the plates that are on our laps. Buggar all!
This doesn't really change anything. Our Club was knackered before and it's still knackered today. If there is any bloody change, it's there are more agents and people urinating on the pile that was once the legendary Hereford United Football Club. Why didn't Mr Keyte dispose of the Club to Hereford United Supporters Trust? Because they kept urinating in his bloody in tray and out of anger and stubbornness he rid himself of the Club to Mr Agomba rather than do business with his enemies. Why didn't Mr Agomba dispose of the Club to HUST. Same bloody reasons. Anger, spite and stubbornness and a deep resentment that he was urinated on by 'us'. That's bloody it. Nothing else. If my Milkman knocked on my door and every day I told him, 'you are the worst milkman in the world. I hate you and your face', it wouldn't be entirely surprising if said bloody Milkman stopped delivering me my bloody Milk. This situation we are in is no different and if you've any doubts about the sanity of my simplistic proposition, go onto some of our social media sites and read the comments about all of them who've played a part in thus final and bitter outcome. If I were the target and thank the sweet loving Jesus I'm not, I might have considered acting out of spite and urinating at the feet of my tormentors. The Club is doomed. We are knackered and but for a few more death roles, some gulping of air and many fine words from the great and the good, the whole thing will very soon collapse and we'll be left with buggar all! Any of it our fault? Yep! Many of us couldn't be bothered to get out of our seats, stagger into the ground and become part of a two thousand crowd of people who helped pay for the daily running of our Football Club. You get what you deserve and we've pretty much got it on the plates that are on our laps. Buggar all! bobby47
  • Score: 29

1:45pm Thu 14 Aug 14

B the B says...

Kevin Rye wrote:
B the B wrote:
“In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,”

So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.
I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add.

It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more.

I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you.
Kevin
It was the Trust that said they wanted to buy the club, oh and they don't have the backing of all the fans

It will survive with a slightly different name? if HUFC go under then they wont have survived, all the history associated with the club will be just that, History and nothing to do with a new club.

I support Hereford United 1939 ltd, at the moment they are still going and I want them to continue. If they go under and rise again, that's me finished. It will no longer be the same club I have supported for 40 years, from the days of being in the Meadow End with my silk scarf round my wrist till today, the only link may be that they play at Edgar Street, I shall go and support another local team and I doubt that I will be the only one. Yes I will look out for results but that's about it. A big part of my life gone.

My preference is that HUFC 1939 ltd remains alive.

No one has come out of this in a good light in my opinion, Keyte, Ogombar or the Trust, the lot of them have made a pigs ear of it.
[quote][p][bold]Kevin Rye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]B the B[/bold] wrote: “In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,” So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add. It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more. I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you.[/p][/quote]Kevin It was the Trust that said they wanted to buy the club, oh and they don't have the backing of all the fans It will survive with a slightly different name? if HUFC go under then they wont have survived, all the history associated with the club will be just that, History and nothing to do with a new club. I support Hereford United 1939 ltd, at the moment they are still going and I want them to continue. If they go under and rise again, that's me finished. It will no longer be the same club I have supported for 40 years, from the days of being in the Meadow End with my silk scarf round my wrist till today, the only link may be that they play at Edgar Street, I shall go and support another local team and I doubt that I will be the only one. Yes I will look out for results but that's about it. A big part of my life gone. My preference is that HUFC 1939 ltd remains alive. No one has come out of this in a good light in my opinion, Keyte, Ogombar or the Trust, the lot of them have made a pigs ear of it. B the B
  • Score: 15

11:11am Fri 15 Aug 14

Kevin Rye says...

bobby47 wrote:
This doesn't really change anything. Our Club was knackered before and it's still knackered today. If there is any bloody change, it's there are more agents and people urinating on the pile that was once the legendary Hereford United Football Club.
Why didn't Mr Keyte dispose of the Club to Hereford United Supporters Trust? Because they kept urinating in his bloody in tray and out of anger and stubbornness he rid himself of the Club to Mr Agomba rather than do business with his enemies.
Why didn't Mr Agomba dispose of the Club to HUST. Same bloody reasons. Anger, spite and stubbornness and a deep resentment that he was urinated on by 'us'.
That's bloody it. Nothing else. If my Milkman knocked on my door and every day I told him, 'you are the worst milkman in the world. I hate you and your face', it wouldn't be entirely surprising if said bloody Milkman stopped delivering me my bloody Milk. This situation we are in is no different and if you've any doubts about the sanity of my simplistic proposition, go onto some of our social media sites and read the comments about all of them who've played a part in thus final and bitter outcome. If I were the target and thank the sweet loving Jesus I'm not, I might have considered acting out of spite and urinating at the feet of my tormentors.
The Club is doomed. We are knackered and but for a few more death roles, some gulping of air and many fine words from the great and the good, the whole thing will very soon collapse and we'll be left with buggar all!
Any of it our fault? Yep! Many of us couldn't be bothered to get out of our seats, stagger into the ground and become part of a two thousand crowd of people who helped pay for the daily running of our Football Club.
You get what you deserve and we've pretty much got it on the plates that are on our laps. Buggar all!
Hang on: so the fact that the club borrowed, overpaid on contracts, hid the true state of the finances, failed to pay staff, was ultimately because fans like HUST kept asking questions, or as you put it, 'kept urinating at their feet'? What nonsense. Utter, utter nonsense. Hereford United is one of the worst (or finest, take your pick) examples of ignorant, poorly advised, incompetent owners that I have ever seen in my nearly 11 years working for Supporters Direct.

And how would you solve it? By ensuring everyone doffs their cap and let's those in charge keep control? The fans aren't responsible for the regular bankruptcies of Hereford United. That'll be down to the people who ran it and signed the three year player contracts, the directors of football; there was no gun to anyone's head. Just people in charge who lacked self-control, and fans who it was ensured never knew anything more than what they could themselves find out.

I hope the club is reformed under complete fan ownership, like Chester or Telford, and proves you just how wrong you are.
[quote][p][bold]bobby47[/bold] wrote: This doesn't really change anything. Our Club was knackered before and it's still knackered today. If there is any bloody change, it's there are more agents and people urinating on the pile that was once the legendary Hereford United Football Club. Why didn't Mr Keyte dispose of the Club to Hereford United Supporters Trust? Because they kept urinating in his bloody in tray and out of anger and stubbornness he rid himself of the Club to Mr Agomba rather than do business with his enemies. Why didn't Mr Agomba dispose of the Club to HUST. Same bloody reasons. Anger, spite and stubbornness and a deep resentment that he was urinated on by 'us'. That's bloody it. Nothing else. If my Milkman knocked on my door and every day I told him, 'you are the worst milkman in the world. I hate you and your face', it wouldn't be entirely surprising if said bloody Milkman stopped delivering me my bloody Milk. This situation we are in is no different and if you've any doubts about the sanity of my simplistic proposition, go onto some of our social media sites and read the comments about all of them who've played a part in thus final and bitter outcome. If I were the target and thank the sweet loving Jesus I'm not, I might have considered acting out of spite and urinating at the feet of my tormentors. The Club is doomed. We are knackered and but for a few more death roles, some gulping of air and many fine words from the great and the good, the whole thing will very soon collapse and we'll be left with buggar all! Any of it our fault? Yep! Many of us couldn't be bothered to get out of our seats, stagger into the ground and become part of a two thousand crowd of people who helped pay for the daily running of our Football Club. You get what you deserve and we've pretty much got it on the plates that are on our laps. Buggar all![/p][/quote]Hang on: so the fact that the club borrowed, overpaid on contracts, hid the true state of the finances, failed to pay staff, was ultimately because fans like HUST kept asking questions, or as you put it, 'kept urinating at their feet'? What nonsense. Utter, utter nonsense. Hereford United is one of the worst (or finest, take your pick) examples of ignorant, poorly advised, incompetent owners that I have ever seen in my nearly 11 years working for Supporters Direct. And how would you solve it? By ensuring everyone doffs their cap and let's those in charge keep control? The fans aren't responsible for the regular bankruptcies of Hereford United. That'll be down to the people who ran it and signed the three year player contracts, the directors of football; there was no gun to anyone's head. Just people in charge who lacked self-control, and fans who it was ensured never knew anything more than what they could themselves find out. I hope the club is reformed under complete fan ownership, like Chester or Telford, and proves you just how wrong you are. Kevin Rye
  • Score: -2

11:15am Fri 15 Aug 14

Kevin Rye says...

B the B wrote:
Kevin Rye wrote:
B the B wrote:
“In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,”

So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.
I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add.

It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more.

I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you.
Kevin
It was the Trust that said they wanted to buy the club, oh and they don't have the backing of all the fans

It will survive with a slightly different name? if HUFC go under then they wont have survived, all the history associated with the club will be just that, History and nothing to do with a new club.

I support Hereford United 1939 ltd, at the moment they are still going and I want them to continue. If they go under and rise again, that's me finished. It will no longer be the same club I have supported for 40 years, from the days of being in the Meadow End with my silk scarf round my wrist till today, the only link may be that they play at Edgar Street, I shall go and support another local team and I doubt that I will be the only one. Yes I will look out for results but that's about it. A big part of my life gone.

My preference is that HUFC 1939 ltd remains alive.

No one has come out of this in a good light in my opinion, Keyte, Ogombar or the Trust, the lot of them have made a pigs ear of it.
Nonsense. The Trust asked for pledges, then asked the club to open up the books. The Club refused. If you can tell me something else about this that I don't know, please do, but until then if you're going to apportion blame, don't give it to people who were never in a position to make a decision, much less pay creditors.

I've heard this all before - at Chester, Merthyr, etc, and it never washes. It's the owners who decided to sign contracts, fail to pay people, indebt the club. Not the fans, and certainly not the hundreds of people who have stepped up to the mark to do something by being involved in the Trust.

Clubs aren't limited companies. You can own a limited company; you can't own history. The club will come back with fans and community, and come back stronger.
[quote][p][bold]B the B[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kevin Rye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]B the B[/bold] wrote: “In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,” So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add. It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more. I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you.[/p][/quote]Kevin It was the Trust that said they wanted to buy the club, oh and they don't have the backing of all the fans It will survive with a slightly different name? if HUFC go under then they wont have survived, all the history associated with the club will be just that, History and nothing to do with a new club. I support Hereford United 1939 ltd, at the moment they are still going and I want them to continue. If they go under and rise again, that's me finished. It will no longer be the same club I have supported for 40 years, from the days of being in the Meadow End with my silk scarf round my wrist till today, the only link may be that they play at Edgar Street, I shall go and support another local team and I doubt that I will be the only one. Yes I will look out for results but that's about it. A big part of my life gone. My preference is that HUFC 1939 ltd remains alive. No one has come out of this in a good light in my opinion, Keyte, Ogombar or the Trust, the lot of them have made a pigs ear of it.[/p][/quote]Nonsense. The Trust asked for pledges, then asked the club to open up the books. The Club refused. If you can tell me something else about this that I don't know, please do, but until then if you're going to apportion blame, don't give it to people who were never in a position to make a decision, much less pay creditors. I've heard this all before - at Chester, Merthyr, etc, and it never washes. It's the owners who decided to sign contracts, fail to pay people, indebt the club. Not the fans, and certainly not the hundreds of people who have stepped up to the mark to do something by being involved in the Trust. Clubs aren't limited companies. You can own a limited company; you can't own history. The club will come back with fans and community, and come back stronger. Kevin Rye
  • Score: -4

12:16pm Fri 15 Aug 14

bobby47 says...

Kevin, Tread carefully! Don't attack me simply because I've expressed an opinion. My view is just as valid as yours.
Now, I'll forgive you for this. Just the once mind. Don't go to war with me. My blade is sharper than yours. Much sharper and I'll have no problem pulling it out and slicing away at you to defend myself and the others who take a different view to yours.
My very warmest regards to you Kevin.
Kevin, Tread carefully! Don't attack me simply because I've expressed an opinion. My view is just as valid as yours. Now, I'll forgive you for this. Just the once mind. Don't go to war with me. My blade is sharper than yours. Much sharper and I'll have no problem pulling it out and slicing away at you to defend myself and the others who take a different view to yours. My very warmest regards to you Kevin. bobby47
  • Score: 7

11:53am Sat 16 Aug 14

Cendrick Smemt says...

Bobby47, please be the new chairman! I'd also vote for you as MP. Do you have any books coming out?
Bobby47, please be the new chairman! I'd also vote for you as MP. Do you have any books coming out? Cendrick Smemt
  • Score: 5

12:45pm Sat 16 Aug 14

bobby47 says...

Hello Cendrick. I've read your piece on an associated thread and you are right. Me, you and everyone else sat back silent for far to long as the madness unfolded before us. If only we'd been a little more vocal.
Me? I'd have cuddled up to Lucifer if he'd become the proprietor of our Club and I'd have willingly smiled my way through the ordeal as he violated my rectum each and every hour of the day. Why? Because I wanted to watch a game that involved our Club.
And now it's gone. Sponsors, supporters, revenue streams have all but disappeared because we chose to be carried along on a wave of hysteria that's ultimately destroyed us.
This destruction of our Club was no noble cause. Putting aside the mismanagement and all the accompanying problems that were created, our supporters allowed themselves to be carried along on a wave of hysteria and bile that drove everything away. Everything went because the hysteria frightened any open minded thinking and rational logic.
We will rise again, they told us. Protest, insult and boycott anyone who dares play against our Club, support our Club or feed it any revenue that'll help it live and breathe. And, believing this rubbish and desperate to vent our understandable anger, we did just that.
All these things we did because we didn't stop for a moment and consider the consequences of actions. I guess these things happen when the silent majority sit back and say nothing and when they finally do, it's much to late to repair the chaos that's been created.
Will 'they' reflect upon all they've done and perhaps conclude, 'we made mistakes'. No they bloody wont. This was a noble cause they'll say and anyone who disagrees with us isn't a true supporter.
My warmest regards to you.
Hello Cendrick. I've read your piece on an associated thread and you are right. Me, you and everyone else sat back silent for far to long as the madness unfolded before us. If only we'd been a little more vocal. Me? I'd have cuddled up to Lucifer if he'd become the proprietor of our Club and I'd have willingly smiled my way through the ordeal as he violated my rectum each and every hour of the day. Why? Because I wanted to watch a game that involved our Club. And now it's gone. Sponsors, supporters, revenue streams have all but disappeared because we chose to be carried along on a wave of hysteria that's ultimately destroyed us. This destruction of our Club was no noble cause. Putting aside the mismanagement and all the accompanying problems that were created, our supporters allowed themselves to be carried along on a wave of hysteria and bile that drove everything away. Everything went because the hysteria frightened any open minded thinking and rational logic. We will rise again, they told us. Protest, insult and boycott anyone who dares play against our Club, support our Club or feed it any revenue that'll help it live and breathe. And, believing this rubbish and desperate to vent our understandable anger, we did just that. All these things we did because we didn't stop for a moment and consider the consequences of actions. I guess these things happen when the silent majority sit back and say nothing and when they finally do, it's much to late to repair the chaos that's been created. Will 'they' reflect upon all they've done and perhaps conclude, 'we made mistakes'. No they bloody wont. This was a noble cause they'll say and anyone who disagrees with us isn't a true supporter. My warmest regards to you. bobby47
  • Score: 7

7:09pm Sat 16 Aug 14

Cendrick Smemt says...

Bobby47, you've whacked a whole box of nails on their heads there!

It does seem that mob rule dictated the outcome, and that hasn't worked since Berlin in '89.
Bobby47, you've whacked a whole box of nails on their heads there! It does seem that mob rule dictated the outcome, and that hasn't worked since Berlin in '89. Cendrick Smemt
  • Score: 4

5:48am Mon 18 Aug 14

B the B says...

I must say that I agree with Bobby completely.
There also seems to be double standards, the Trust and their followers went for the juggler of Mr A for not paying wages immediately, yet they want to go under and start from new, meaning no one would have received a penny, as yes, if you dare to counter argue you are deemed a traitor of non supporter. I've supported the bulls for 40 years, memories of standing on the meadow end with a silk scarf around my wrist, going to Worcester City with thousands of united fans, going to West Ham away and not even seeing the ground as it was sold out, going to Torquay on a football special, running the gauntlet of Middlesbrough fans on the way back to the train where no one seemed to escape a bruising, seeing the lads win promotion at Leicester the list of experiences are endless but that's all but gone now, History, and no matter what happens with a Phoenix club or not, it wont be part of my Hereford United.
I must say that I agree with Bobby completely. There also seems to be double standards, the Trust and their followers went for the juggler of Mr A for not paying wages immediately, yet they want to go under and start from new, meaning no one would have received a penny, as yes, if you dare to counter argue you are deemed a traitor of non supporter. I've supported the bulls for 40 years, memories of standing on the meadow end with a silk scarf around my wrist, going to Worcester City with thousands of united fans, going to West Ham away and not even seeing the ground as it was sold out, going to Torquay on a football special, running the gauntlet of Middlesbrough fans on the way back to the train where no one seemed to escape a bruising, seeing the lads win promotion at Leicester the list of experiences are endless but that's all but gone now, History, and no matter what happens with a Phoenix club or not, it wont be part of my Hereford United. B the B
  • Score: 2

3:05pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Kevin Rye says...

B the B wrote:
Kevin Rye wrote:
B the B wrote:
“In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,”

So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.
I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add.

It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more.

I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you.
Kevin
It was the Trust that said they wanted to buy the club, oh and they don't have the backing of all the fans

It will survive with a slightly different name? if HUFC go under then they wont have survived, all the history associated with the club will be just that, History and nothing to do with a new club.

I support Hereford United 1939 ltd, at the moment they are still going and I want them to continue. If they go under and rise again, that's me finished. It will no longer be the same club I have supported for 40 years, from the days of being in the Meadow End with my silk scarf round my wrist till today, the only link may be that they play at Edgar Street, I shall go and support another local team and I doubt that I will be the only one. Yes I will look out for results but that's about it. A big part of my life gone.

My preference is that HUFC 1939 ltd remains alive.

No one has come out of this in a good light in my opinion, Keyte, Ogombar or the Trust, the lot of them have made a pigs ear of it.
**No. The Trust asked for pledges, and then approached the owners of the Club to ask to see the books. That isn't 'wanting to buy the club' that's wanting to find out whether it's worth considering an offer to buy the club.**

If the owner of a car you wanted to buy refused to sell the car without you inspecting it first, would you buy it? Or would you buy a house with out having a survey carried out?

Why should fans be any different? Why should they pay for someone else's mistakes? And why should it be their fault when someone then pretty much destroys it? Stop blaming fans, and the Trust; they're just a convenient whipping boy. The fault lies with those in ownership. Keyte, Agombar, etc.
[quote][p][bold]B the B[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kevin Rye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]B the B[/bold] wrote: “In the absence of any realistic offers from anyone with links to the football club to buy his debts Mr Agombar sold them to an independent third party introduced to him as a purchaser of distressed debts and similar,” So the trust didn't step up to the mark then. I thought hey ad the money available , well what on earth is going to happen now then. Now's the time to worry.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, but 'The Trust didn't step up to the mark'? To buy shares in a business that is about to vote on a CVA that will very likely not pass, and which will leave the Trust indebted for years to come? We would advise very strongly against that. It might not even be legal, but that's not certain I'll add. It might be unpopular, but the handful of people who seem to believe that the 'Trust' is somehow a remote body that will do things for you need to realise that the Trust is an organisation that will do things because you want them done. It is a fan and community organisation, not a company run by remote, detached so-called 'businessmen', the like of which have failed you again and again over the last thirty years or more. I am sure that the fans of Hereford, via the Trust, will ensure that the Club will survive in whatever form it can, and if that means a new entity, albeit with a slightly different name like Chester, Telford, Merthyr, then that is not something you should fear. But if you want it to happen then like those clubs I mentioned, it's going to be down to you.[/p][/quote]Kevin It was the Trust that said they wanted to buy the club, oh and they don't have the backing of all the fans It will survive with a slightly different name? if HUFC go under then they wont have survived, all the history associated with the club will be just that, History and nothing to do with a new club. I support Hereford United 1939 ltd, at the moment they are still going and I want them to continue. If they go under and rise again, that's me finished. It will no longer be the same club I have supported for 40 years, from the days of being in the Meadow End with my silk scarf round my wrist till today, the only link may be that they play at Edgar Street, I shall go and support another local team and I doubt that I will be the only one. Yes I will look out for results but that's about it. A big part of my life gone. My preference is that HUFC 1939 ltd remains alive. No one has come out of this in a good light in my opinion, Keyte, Ogombar or the Trust, the lot of them have made a pigs ear of it.[/p][/quote]**No. The Trust asked for pledges, and then approached the owners of the Club to ask to see the books. That isn't 'wanting to buy the club' that's wanting to find out whether it's worth considering an offer to buy the club.** If the owner of a car you wanted to buy refused to sell the car without you inspecting it first, would you buy it? Or would you buy a house with out having a survey carried out? Why should fans be any different? Why should they pay for someone else's mistakes? And why should it be their fault when someone then pretty much destroys it? Stop blaming fans, and the Trust; they're just a convenient whipping boy. The fault lies with those in ownership. Keyte, Agombar, etc. Kevin Rye
  • Score: -1

3:11pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Kevin Rye says...

bobby47 wrote:
Kevin, Tread carefully! Don't attack me simply because I've expressed an opinion. My view is just as valid as yours.
Now, I'll forgive you for this. Just the once mind. Don't go to war with me. My blade is sharper than yours. Much sharper and I'll have no problem pulling it out and slicing away at you to defend myself and the others who take a different view to yours.
My very warmest regards to you Kevin.
That sounds like a threat, bobby47, and you'd best be careful as to how you issue those, whether you're online or offline, 'warm regards' or not. Seriously.

As for your view, expressing an opinion is your right, but that doesn't mean that you are right. As I pointed out, it's an argument I've heard again and again and it holds little water. Sorry if that's in opposition to your view, but that should be a problem really.

I've always been very clear, and always prepared to discuss and debate, so please don't hide behind a username and, please don't use scare tactics on me or anyone else. They don't win you many friends.
[quote][p][bold]bobby47[/bold] wrote: Kevin, Tread carefully! Don't attack me simply because I've expressed an opinion. My view is just as valid as yours. Now, I'll forgive you for this. Just the once mind. Don't go to war with me. My blade is sharper than yours. Much sharper and I'll have no problem pulling it out and slicing away at you to defend myself and the others who take a different view to yours. My very warmest regards to you Kevin.[/p][/quote]That sounds like a threat, bobby47, and you'd best be careful as to how you issue those, whether you're online or offline, 'warm regards' or not. Seriously. As for your view, expressing an opinion is your right, but that doesn't mean that you are right. As I pointed out, it's an argument I've heard again and again and it holds little water. Sorry if that's in opposition to your view, but that should be a problem really. I've always been very clear, and always prepared to discuss and debate, so please don't hide behind a username and, please don't use scare tactics on me or anyone else. They don't win you many friends. Kevin Rye
  • Score: -3

3:48pm Mon 18 Aug 14

bobby47 says...

Kevin, We are both keyboard warriors, both trying to win an argument and gain influence on those who are undecided as to why we are where we are.
You have your argument and I have mine. My words are no threat to you or anyone else. You've simply chosen, out of desperation I suspect, to imply that my sequence of vowels and consonants are In some way a threat to you. Of course, my words are no threat to you. I've simply said, in a roundabout way that having studied your writing style I believe that I am cleverer than you and therefore capable of using my writing gifts to slice your argument into tiny pieces.
It's called intelligence Kevin and you'd do we'll to avoid me in the future. Now, please take my Club off your list of 'Clubs You Need To Help', leave us be and let us decide from hereon whether or not we want our Club to remain in existence.
Once again, my very warmest regards to you Kevin.
Kevin, We are both keyboard warriors, both trying to win an argument and gain influence on those who are undecided as to why we are where we are. You have your argument and I have mine. My words are no threat to you or anyone else. You've simply chosen, out of desperation I suspect, to imply that my sequence of vowels and consonants are In some way a threat to you. Of course, my words are no threat to you. I've simply said, in a roundabout way that having studied your writing style I believe that I am cleverer than you and therefore capable of using my writing gifts to slice your argument into tiny pieces. It's called intelligence Kevin and you'd do we'll to avoid me in the future. Now, please take my Club off your list of 'Clubs You Need To Help', leave us be and let us decide from hereon whether or not we want our Club to remain in existence. Once again, my very warmest regards to you Kevin. bobby47
  • Score: 0

4:14pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Kevin Rye says...

bobby47 wrote:
Kevin, We are both keyboard warriors, both trying to win an argument and gain influence on those who are undecided as to why we are where we are.
You have your argument and I have mine. My words are no threat to you or anyone else. You've simply chosen, out of desperation I suspect, to imply that my sequence of vowels and consonants are In some way a threat to you. Of course, my words are no threat to you. I've simply said, in a roundabout way that having studied your writing style I believe that I am cleverer than you and therefore capable of using my writing gifts to slice your argument into tiny pieces.
It's called intelligence Kevin and you'd do we'll to avoid me in the future. Now, please take my Club off your list of 'Clubs You Need To Help', leave us be and let us decide from hereon whether or not we want our Club to remain in existence.
Once again, my very warmest regards to you Kevin.
I don't really see myself as a keyboard warrior; that implies that I don't actually do much except sit and have arguments at a computer keyboard, when patently that isn't the case.

As for your intelligence, you're the one who feels it necessary to brag about yours. If you are that smart then perhaps you should be more mindful that you words aren't just a series of consonants and vowels, and actually look at the order of them and what they could be interpreted as saying.

On your wider point, I'm sorry if you don't like our interventions, but until HUST or the fanbase tell us otherwise, Supporters Direct will be doing all we can to help HUST and the fans of Hereford United FC to decide what they want. No man is an island, and as I said, there's a lot of similarities with many other cases.

I look forward to seeing Hereford rise again in very different circumstances and under very different ownership to what we see now. Telford did it, Chester did it, plenty others too. In fact it's quite an exciting prospect all told.

Thanks.

Kev
[quote][p][bold]bobby47[/bold] wrote: Kevin, We are both keyboard warriors, both trying to win an argument and gain influence on those who are undecided as to why we are where we are. You have your argument and I have mine. My words are no threat to you or anyone else. You've simply chosen, out of desperation I suspect, to imply that my sequence of vowels and consonants are In some way a threat to you. Of course, my words are no threat to you. I've simply said, in a roundabout way that having studied your writing style I believe that I am cleverer than you and therefore capable of using my writing gifts to slice your argument into tiny pieces. It's called intelligence Kevin and you'd do we'll to avoid me in the future. Now, please take my Club off your list of 'Clubs You Need To Help', leave us be and let us decide from hereon whether or not we want our Club to remain in existence. Once again, my very warmest regards to you Kevin.[/p][/quote]I don't really see myself as a keyboard warrior; that implies that I don't actually do much except sit and have arguments at a computer keyboard, when patently that isn't the case. As for your intelligence, you're the one who feels it necessary to brag about yours. If you are that smart then perhaps you should be more mindful that you words aren't just a series of consonants and vowels, and actually look at the order of them and what they could be interpreted as saying. On your wider point, I'm sorry if you don't like our interventions, but until HUST or the fanbase tell us otherwise, Supporters Direct will be doing all we can to help HUST and the fans of Hereford United FC to decide what they want. No man is an island, and as I said, there's a lot of similarities with many other cases. I look forward to seeing Hereford rise again in very different circumstances and under very different ownership to what we see now. Telford did it, Chester did it, plenty others too. In fact it's quite an exciting prospect all told. Thanks. Kev Kevin Rye
  • Score: 1

4:18pm Mon 18 Aug 14

bobby47 says...

Kevin, I wish you well and good fortune. Once again, my very warmest regards to you.
Kevin, I wish you well and good fortune. Once again, my very warmest regards to you. bobby47
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree