Bromyard FC continued their unbeaten season with a 4-0 victory away to Orleton Colts Reserves, writes TOM VALE.

Former Worcester City player Chris Jefferson, scored a brace in a super performance to further increase Bromyard’s inevitable promotion from Herefordshire League Division Three.

Jefferson looked a threat from the start, blasting a shot over the bar before appearing to be tripped in the box after just ten minutes.

However, the referee waved play on, much to the frustration of the Bromyard players.

Rhys Owens and Tom Sivitar then combined and had a great chance to open the scoring but for vital blocks by Will Woods and Orleton Reserves player-manager, Chris Waldron.

Jefferson finally did break the deadlock in the 22nd minute when Kirk Bickley nodded the ball on for the striker to slot past stand-in ‘keeper Waldron.

Matthew Beale caused problems with set-pieces and a corner on half-time was narrowly headed over by centre-back Luke Johnston.

Bromyard contined to threaten after the break but their opponents persisted in thwarting them with solid defending.

Jefferson and James Cable had shots blocked in the penalty area but it just seemed to be a matter of time before the visitors extended their lead.

And on the hour mark a through ball from Cable found Connor Bennington, whose low strike crept into the corner past Waldron. 

Orleton striker Toby Siveter was looking to add to his impressive goals tally this season, and had two quick efforts to bring his side back into it but saw one bend wide and another stopped by Tickle.

At the other end, Bromyard’s Jefferson caused more problems, showing his awareness to trickle the ball through for Cable who would have had a clear goal-scoring opportunity, had his touch not been so heavy.

But Cable and Jefferson continued to probe and saw several more efforts blocked or deflected before the 77th minute, when they combined to seal the victory.

Jefferson delightfully chipped the ball across goal for Cable to nod home.

It was then end-to-end stuff with Siveter having another effort blocked, Bromyard counter-attacking and that man Jefferson again, who weaved his away around the defence and 'keeper to slot home on 87 minutes.

With the clock at 90 minutes, Paul Jones volleyed over a glorious chance for Orleton, Coles had an effort cleared off the line and Siveter found himself in plenty of space with a one-on-one.

However, despite rounding the ‘keeper, a last-ditch block ensured a clean sheet for the away side.

For pictures and interviews from this game, read Tom Vale's Big Match coverage in next week's Hereford Times.