Camp Hill 24 pts Hereford 41 pts.

HEREFORD’S blend of youth and experience is now beginning to pay dividends.

The Wyesiders notched their fifth straight Midlands One West success at struggling Camp Hill, much to the delight of spokesman and former player Robin Davies.

“The team is developing nicely with a sound defensive plan, a pack of forwards capable of winning good ball from all aspects of play and on their day, a set of free running backs,” he said.

“The blend of youth and experience is gelling well and promises an optimistic future.”

Hereford had, however, more of a battle on their hands than they might have expected before completing their third double of the season.

With 20 minutes played and a 17-point lead on the board, it seemed that the pickings would be easy.

But Camp Hill hit back to lead at the interval before Hereford’s excellent display of running rugby brought them a deserved win.

Richard Mayson put Perry Pudge in for the first Hereford try which Dean Powell converted.

Shortly afterwards, Dean Powell kicked a penalty which was disputed so vehemently by the home outside-half that he not only conceded a further 20 yards but earned a yellow card.

James Watters dived over for a second converted try but Camp Hill hit back with three tries within quarter of an hour, two of which were converted to then give the home side a 19-17 half-time advantage. Hereford regained the lead within two minutes of the start of the second-half when Brad Talbot touched down for an unconverted try.

The bonus point try arrived a few minutes later when Pudge fed Matt Hallett, who outflanked the defence to run in the fourth uncoverted try from halfway.

On 57 minutes, Pudge put Tom Ewins away for a try which Ben Osborne converted and he also added the extras when Jamie Bullock crashed over for the final Hereford score.

Camp Hill secured their own bonus point with a fourth try after 71 minutes but it was Hereford who looked the more likely to add their tally in the closing stages.