Coleshill Town 0 Westfields 1.

HOT-shot Craig Jones fired Westfields to their 12th Midland Alliance win of the season with a last-minute strike at Coleshill.

Richard Kear, back from suspension, and Josh Hunt combined to set up Jones who scored past Paul Hathaway with a first-time shot.

Coleshill, who won at allpay.park earlier in the season, had the better of the early play and spurned a couple of good opportunities to take the lead.

Carl Morgan fired into the side-netting and Sam Gwynne shot over the bar as Fields also passed up good opportunities to take the lead. Kear and substitute Will Loughman had chances to make the breakthrough in the second period but the game seemed set to end goalless until Jones hit the target.

Leominster Town 0 Bilston 5.

THE final score was tough on a Leominster Town side that took the runaway West Midlands League Division One leaders the distance but came up short in front of goal.

A missed penalty and two spurned rebounds just short of half-time cost Town dearly. The Briarwood Boys had found the measure of Bilston and were fighting back from two-down when the chance came.

But Josh Griffiths saw his penalty saved and Town twice saw resulting rebounds stay out.

Town conceded a third just after the interval and, after that, Bilston were too wily and too sharp to give Town any initiative.

And when chances came Bilston’s way, they put them away.

Town can take heart from the strong performances of those talented teens now being blooded into first-team action.

l WILLIE Lindesay scored from the penalty spot to move Ewyas Harold into contention at the top of the Herefordshire League Premier Division with a 1-0 victory over leaders Sinkums. Harold are now in fourth place, four points off top spot with two games in hand.

Mercia Athletic maintained their hold on third place with Stuart New’s solitary strike earning a 1-0 win over Pegasus Reserves.

Fownhope move up to fifth place after a 4-1 success over struggling Lads Club Reserves with the villagers leapfrogging Westfields Reserves who were beaten 2-1 at home by Kington Town despite a goal from Lee Marlow.