Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Lifeline for Hereford Racecourse as 'substitute track'.
11:00am Thursday 15th November 2012 in Sport
HEREFORD Racecourse could stage racing next year - but only as a substitute track.
ARC, the company which owns Hereford Racecourse, has applied to renew the track’s licence to stage racing in 2013.
However, the application is to allow the track to stage meetings cancelled due to the weather at other racecourses in the group.
British Horseracing Authority media manager Robin Mounsey said ARC’s application was unique.
ARC announced earlier this year they were closing Hereford Racecourse after the final meeting in December.
Former clerk of the course John Williams described ARC’s application ‘as a sensible move’.
He is still spearheading a consortium to take over Hereford Racecourse.
“Everything is still in place and we are ready to go at the drop of a hat,” said Williams.
“I have my team phoning me all the time, but there’s nothing new to tell them. I have not heard a word from Herefordshire Council for a month.”
Comments are closed on this article.