Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Fire at Hereford Café
12:10pm Friday 29th June 2012 in Hereford City
TOWELS drying in a heated cupboard caught fire at a Hereford café last night.
Firefighters were called to Diego’s Café in Bridge Street at 11.45pm and used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.
“Thankfully there was no major damage at the café, but we would like to highlight this incident to encourage other businesses to be vigilant with their own working practices,” said station commander Sean Bailey of Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service.
He reminded restaurant and café owners to ensure that staff are trained to check at the end of each shift that all hot plates, stoves, crockery warmers and other appliances are switched off.