Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
UPDATE: Electrical fault caused fire at TGS Bowling in Hereford
AN electrical fault caused the fire at TGS Bowling in Hereford this morning
They were assisted by a water carrier from Leominster and the aerial ladder platforms from both Hereford and Worcester.
A total of nine firefighters using breathing apparatus forced their way into the building to extinguish the fire, using two hose reel jets and a main jet, while the aerial ladder platform was used to assist with operations around the roof.
The fire, which is now out, involved the bar and storage area, rather than the part of the building containing the bowling alley, and was caused by a fault in the air handling unit in the plant room.
Significant fire damage was caused to the roof space, storage and toilet areas, while the lower floor sustained water damage.
However, station commander Sean Bailey said that the quick reponse of crews meant that around 85 per cent of the building has been saved.
• Station Approach remains open to people going to Rockfield, Hereford Railway Station and Morrisons, but is closed further down the road.