Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Bedroom fire caused by electric cables
2:40pm Monday 16th April 2012 in Local News
A house fire in Hereford has been blamed on an extension cable that had not been fully extended.
Three crews from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service were called to an address in Yazor Road at 5.15pm on Saturday after the occupants returned home to find fire had broken out in a bedroom.
Station Commander Jon Butlin said: "The fire involved an extension cable which was being used without the lead having been fully extended.
He adviced people to only use extension leads are when it’s not possible to reach a wall socket with the cable from the electric appliance, to never attach one extension cable to another, and to avoid the risk of overheating by making sure the lead is fully extended rather than left in a coil when in use.