Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Spate of bike thefts in Hereford
12:51pm Thursday 20th September 2012 in News
POLICE are probing a crime ring stealing bicycles and bicycles parts in Hereford.
Search warrants at city addresses have recovered 23 bikes a haul of assorted bike parts over recent weeks.
Both the bikes and the parts are believed to have been made ready for a move out of the county, with bikes even being stripped down to make identification difficult.
The investigation team now needs to match the recovered bikes it has not yet identified with owners who have had them stolen.
Those bikes to be identified are:
- UNIVEGA Alpina 5.5 – blue/black, RALEIGH Sabre – blue/purple, TREK 7.1 – light blue
- APOLLO Unleashed – red with yellow/silver flashing
- GIANT Boulder 500 – navy blue, SILVERFOX Black – black
- JENSEN Outback – orange
- CLAUDE BUTLER – purple (green writing)
- BARRACUDA Slalom – grey/yellow
- GIANT Roam 2 – black (possibly identified), Unspecified silvery blue re-spray,
- RALEIGH Reynolds 501 – white
- DIAMOND BACK Arrival – white
- MONGOOSE Rockadile – silver/black
- CARRERA Crossfire 2 – blue
- ROCK HTT Python – silver/red, AGGRO SFX – blue/silver
- CARRERA – blue with white mudguards
- SARACEN Vice – silver/blue/grey
- STEALTH Meltdown – silver/grey
Anyone with information is asked to call Hereford police on 101.