Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Dishwasher fire in Shobdon
10:30am Thursday 20th September 2012 in News
A DISHWASHER caught fire at a house in Shobdon last night.
6.10pm and used a hose reel and a covering jet to extinguish the flames.
The dishwasher was then moved outside and the property ventilated.
“Realising there was a fire in their dishwasher, the occupants took exactly
the right action by getting out of the house and waiting outside until fire
crews arrived,” said Group Commander Rob Ball from Hereford and
Worcester Fire and Rescue Service.
“They also closed internal doors behind them which helped contain the smoke.”
Elswhere in the county yesterday, firefighters put out a hedge fire in Holmer Street, Hereford, at 2.25pm and tackled a gas leak outside a property in The Meadows, Leominster, at 4.55pm.
Comments are closed on this article.