Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Generator caught fire at farm in Fawley
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a farm in Fawley after an electricity generator recycling manure and vegetable waste caught fire.
They arrived at around 5.30pm on August 18 to find the fire in an anaerobic digestive plant generator which was inside a metal shipping container within one of the farm buildings.
The fire was out by 7.20pm but the generator was severely damaged.
Station Commander Neil Lilwall from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: “This is first time we’ve been called to a fire involving anaerobic recycling equipment and we had to ensure the methane gas being generated was safely isolated.”
Comments are closed on this article.