Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Olympic torchbearers - your moment to shine
8:10am Thursday 24th May 2012 in News
Buy this photo » Torchbearer Bryan White will carry the flame through Leominster
TWENTY six very proud people will carry the Olympic flame through Herefordshire today.
The torchbearers, with ages ranging from 14 to 74, might be feeling nervous but they will all be cheered on by the crowds.
Founder of Herefordshire Sport and chairman of HALO Bryan White will carry the torch through Leominster this afternoon.
For him, it's a chance to say thanks to the unsung sporting heroes of rural Herefordshire.
"I’m excited more than nervous," said Bryan, 74.
"But that’s because this isn’t about me; I’m representing community sport.
"It’s for all those volunteers in local sport who don’t always get the recognition they deserve."
Today's torchbearers are -
- Bob Izon from Hereford
- Freddie Leatham from London
- Alan Randell from Presteigne
- Dave Quinn from Hereford
- Hannah Banks from Gloucester
- Jane-Marie Hossack from Hereford
- Paul Watts from Hereford
- Joanne Smith from Drybrook
- John Fry from Birmingham
- Lou King from Redditch
- Rob Powell from Hereford
- Stan Cantrill from Hereford
- Margaret Young from Gloucester
- Michael Powell from Hereford
- Phil Hales from Llandrindod Wells
- Sophie Collett from Hereford
- John Leeuwangh from Hereford
- Sarah Davies from Hereford
- Rosangela Ribeiro Moreira from Praça Seca
- Alastair Andrews from Stonehouse
- Jackie Allen from Cheltenham
- Katherine Bennett from Lechlade
- Stuart Woodburn from Worcester
- Jordan Baxter from Leominster
- Bryan White from Hereford
- Christine Hood from Leominster
- Susan Wilde from Hereford
Herefordshire torchbeares carrying the flame outside the county today are Leominster’s Chole Stanik and Hereford’s Emma Patrick in Ludlow, Hereford’s Ian Sockett in Hartpury and Hereford’s Scott Cameron in Worcester.
To see all torchbearers go to the London 2012 torch bearer website.
Comments are closed on this article.