Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
County's London Marathon runners will go the distance
8:30am Sunday 22nd April 2012 in News
THOUSANDS of runners are gathering on a starting line in London today (Sunday) for one of the most famous marathons in the world.
Here are some of the Herefordshire men and women taking part in the 2012 London Marathon. Good luck everyone!
• Royal Logistics Corps solider Tom Swan, of Queenswood, near Leominster, is raising money for Help for Heroes.
• Simon Grundy, a painter and decorator from Much Marcle, is running barefoot and memory of his dad, Roy, who passed away last weekend, and raising money for Brain Tumour UK.
• Police officer Andrew Wortley, of Hereford, is running in aid of the Cardiomyopathy Association.
• Caitlin McNamara, of Hay-on-Wye, is raising money for children's charity Coram.
• Alex Wilson and Zoe White, from the village of Risbury, are running together for Mencap and Macmillan Cancer Support.
• Administrator at Hereford's Royal National College for the Blind Kathryn King will run to raise money for students.
• Jordan McQueen, of Kington, is running for Cancer Research.
• Stuart Pocket, who works at A-Plan Insurance in Hereford, is raising money for St Michael's Hospice.
If you are running or know someone who is taking part in the 2012 London Marathon, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tweet us at @HTnewsroom or text us - start your message with HT NEWS, telling us who you are and where you are from, attach the picture and send it to 80360. Messages will be charged plus your normal operator text charge. Service provided by Newsquest Media Group.
Comments are closed on this article.