Unattended frying pan causes smoke to issue through Leominster flat

Hereford Times: Fire crews ventilated a Leominster flat after a frying pan was left on a hob. Fire crews ventilated a Leominster flat after a frying pan was left on a hob.

FRIEFIGHTERS were sent to a Leominster flat last Saturday after an unattended frying pan left on a hob caused smoke to filter through the property.

A crew was called to Townsend Court , off Green Lane, just after 1.50pm and ventilated the flat.

The fire service had earlier received a report of smoke inside another flat at the same location shortly after 9.35am.

However, the incident was deemed to be a false alarm.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:13pm Mon 23 Jun 14

mizza21 says...

Blimey!

I have done this meself. When I was frying up a barrow load of sausages and black pudding for the wife's tea I put the lard in the pan to get nice and hot and forgot about it.
Before I knew it the house was full of smoke. Of course I had the presence of mind to ventilate the house myself and turn off the gas.
Her indoors gave me a stiff beating as a consequence and now I always give her raw sausages and black puddings as it's safer.
Blimey! I have done this meself. When I was frying up a barrow load of sausages and black pudding for the wife's tea I put the lard in the pan to get nice and hot and forgot about it. Before I knew it the house was full of smoke. Of course I had the presence of mind to ventilate the house myself and turn off the gas. Her indoors gave me a stiff beating as a consequence and now I always give her raw sausages and black puddings as it's safer. mizza21
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree