New course to help anxiety sufferers in Hereford’s Polish community

Hereford Times: The course is being run by 2gether. The course is being run by 2gether.

A NEW course to help Hereford's Polish community who are struggling with stress and anxiety is to start next Monday (June 16).

The course is provided by Let’s Talk, which is part of 2gether NHS Foundation Trust, and is aimed at helping people cope with panic, worry, anxiety and similar common mental health conditions.

Run by a Polish speaking therapist, the course, which will be held at the Kindle Centre during the evenings for six weeks, is completely free of charge.

Renata Dobrowolska, who will run the course, said: “Our Let’s Talk courses are very popular and are proving very successful in helping people to overcome a wide range of mental health conditions.

“We want to extend what we can offer to a wider range of people and know that there are a large number of Polish speakers in the Hereford area, many of whom might benefit from attending this course.

“The sessions are educational and run in a group, but there is no need to speak in front of others unless you want to.”

For details or to book a place on the course, visit talk2gether.nhs.uk or ring 0800 073 2200.

If you would like to speak to someone in Polish, please ask to speak to Renata.

Comments (37)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:40pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Hugh-G-Rection says...

Another drain on british taxes.
Speak english or dont settle here.
Disgusting!
Another drain on british taxes. Speak english or dont settle here. Disgusting! Hugh-G-Rection
  • Score: 41

6:11pm Wed 11 Jun 14

drjazz says...

Could somebody tell me what night they run the free course for Hereford's British community who are struggling with stress and anxiety. Thank you.
Could somebody tell me what night they run the free course for Hereford's British community who are struggling with stress and anxiety. Thank you. drjazz
  • Score: 17

6:23pm Wed 11 Jun 14

avaniceday says...

drjazz, you should know by now it's all mind over matter.
They don't mind, you don't matter.
drjazz, you should know by now it's all mind over matter. They don't mind, you don't matter. avaniceday
  • Score: 3

6:55pm Wed 11 Jun 14

drjazz says...

avaniceday wrote:
drjazz, you should know by now it's all mind over matter.
They don't mind, you don't matter.
So true - this news has just given me something else to get stressed and anxious about...............
[quote][p][bold]avaniceday[/bold] wrote: drjazz, you should know by now it's all mind over matter. They don't mind, you don't matter.[/p][/quote]So true - this news has just given me something else to get stressed and anxious about............... drjazz
  • Score: 0

7:05pm Wed 11 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

drjazz wrote:
Could somebody tell me what night they run the free course for Hereford's British community who are struggling with stress and anxiety. Thank you.
Funnily enough they do - it's all on the website - enjoy
[quote][p][bold]drjazz[/bold] wrote: Could somebody tell me what night they run the free course for Hereford's British community who are struggling with stress and anxiety. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Funnily enough they do - it's all on the website - enjoy WYSIATI
  • Score: 21

7:11pm Wed 11 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

Hugh-G-Rection wrote:
Another drain on british taxes.
Speak english or dont settle here.
Disgusting!
Disgusting indeed - your comment and the vitriol that it shows.

I am guessing that the Polish workers pay taxes and very happy that a small part of that money might go towards helping people with problems - just as courses are run for everyone else.

Not sure that the Brits living abroad would welcome the sentiment speak the language or clear off.

My father used to speak very proudly of the Poles who served alongside him in the war and I will never forget that.
[quote][p][bold]Hugh-G-Rection[/bold] wrote: Another drain on british taxes. Speak english or dont settle here. Disgusting![/p][/quote]Disgusting indeed - your comment and the vitriol that it shows. I am guessing that the Polish workers pay taxes and very happy that a small part of that money might go towards helping people with problems - just as courses are run for everyone else. Not sure that the Brits living abroad would welcome the sentiment speak the language or clear off. My father used to speak very proudly of the Poles who served alongside him in the war and I will never forget that. WYSIATI
  • Score: 17

7:35pm Wed 11 Jun 14

AylestoneVoice says...

Is there any help for Bulls fans?
Is there any help for Bulls fans? AylestoneVoice
  • Score: 11

7:37pm Wed 11 Jun 14

avaniceday says...

I an sure that some of our Polish friends are extremely stressed and anxious - especially if they have eaten any of the carp from the contaminated Belmont Pools.
I an sure that some of our Polish friends are extremely stressed and anxious - especially if they have eaten any of the carp from the contaminated Belmont Pools. avaniceday
  • Score: 4

8:06pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Zoe1987 says...

Iv suffered for five years, what have only ever been offered?? Tablets! I take it out taxes are paying for polish to come over and get free help in our local communities! It's sickening
Iv suffered for five years, what have only ever been offered?? Tablets! I take it out taxes are paying for polish to come over and get free help in our local communities! It's sickening Zoe1987
  • Score: 8

11:39pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Gillian1961 says...

I went to Herefordshire Mind head office in st owens st to get some help was told they do not do counciling any more but there is a group called some thing to do with the MARSHIES £35 just to see them i think i will just stick to talking my happy pills PROZAC
I went to Herefordshire Mind head office in st owens st to get some help was told they do not do counciling any more but there is a group called some thing to do with the MARSHIES £35 just to see them i think i will just stick to talking my happy pills PROZAC Gillian1961
  • Score: 7

8:24am Thu 12 Jun 14

drjazz says...

WYSIATI wrote:
drjazz wrote:
Could somebody tell me what night they run the free course for Hereford's British community who are struggling with stress and anxiety. Thank you.
Funnily enough they do - it's all on the website - enjoy
Thanks WYSIATI - I wasn't asking if they ran a course but what night it was held on. However, thanks to you I have now checked the website and booked my place. Cheers!
[quote][p][bold]WYSIATI[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]drjazz[/bold] wrote: Could somebody tell me what night they run the free course for Hereford's British community who are struggling with stress and anxiety. Thank you.[/p][/quote]Funnily enough they do - it's all on the website - enjoy[/p][/quote]Thanks WYSIATI - I wasn't asking if they ran a course but what night it was held on. However, thanks to you I have now checked the website and booked my place. Cheers! drjazz
  • Score: -3

11:07am Thu 12 Jun 14

yokelyokel says...

Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended?

Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly.

Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success.

Stand by for the thumbs down!
Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended? Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly. Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success. Stand by for the thumbs down! yokelyokel
  • Score: 16

11:55am Thu 12 Jun 14

Herefordboy says...

WYSIATI wrote:
Hugh-G-Rection wrote:
Another drain on british taxes.
Speak english or dont settle here.
Disgusting!
Disgusting indeed - your comment and the vitriol that it shows.

I am guessing that the Polish workers pay taxes and very happy that a small part of that money might go towards helping people with problems - just as courses are run for everyone else.

Not sure that the Brits living abroad would welcome the sentiment speak the language or clear off.

My father used to speak very proudly of the Poles who served alongside him in the war and I will never forget that.
Not sure that Brits living abroad anywhere would get this service provided for them at taxpayers expense. It is a case of speak the local language or pay for it yourself,as it should be.
[quote][p][bold]WYSIATI[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hugh-G-Rection[/bold] wrote: Another drain on british taxes. Speak english or dont settle here. Disgusting![/p][/quote]Disgusting indeed - your comment and the vitriol that it shows. I am guessing that the Polish workers pay taxes and very happy that a small part of that money might go towards helping people with problems - just as courses are run for everyone else. Not sure that the Brits living abroad would welcome the sentiment speak the language or clear off. My father used to speak very proudly of the Poles who served alongside him in the war and I will never forget that.[/p][/quote]Not sure that Brits living abroad anywhere would get this service provided for them at taxpayers expense. It is a case of speak the local language or pay for it yourself,as it should be. Herefordboy
  • Score: 5

12:40pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Hugh-G-Rection says...

yokelyokel wrote:
Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended?

Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly.

Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success.

Stand by for the thumbs down!
Racist?
I thought the majority of poles were white?
That makes them the same race as me.
[quote][p][bold]yokelyokel[/bold] wrote: Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended? Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly. Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success. Stand by for the thumbs down![/p][/quote]Racist? I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me. Hugh-G-Rection
  • Score: 4

1:10pm Thu 12 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

Hugh-G-Rection wrote:
yokelyokel wrote:
Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended?

Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly.

Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success.

Stand by for the thumbs down!
Racist?
I thought the majority of poles were white?
That makes them the same race as me.
You're probably right - perhaps xenophobic?
[quote][p][bold]Hugh-G-Rection[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]yokelyokel[/bold] wrote: Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended? Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly. Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success. Stand by for the thumbs down![/p][/quote]Racist? I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me.[/p][/quote]You're probably right - perhaps xenophobic? WYSIATI
  • Score: 5

1:12pm Thu 12 Jun 14

avaniceday says...

The only racism I can see is that the course is being conducted in Polish. Do not Portuguese, Lithuanian, Chinese or Romanian speaking people suffer anxiety or stress?
The only racism I can see is that the course is being conducted in Polish. Do not Portuguese, Lithuanian, Chinese or Romanian speaking people suffer anxiety or stress? avaniceday
  • Score: 2

10:07pm Thu 12 Jun 14

avaniceday says...

What about the Urdu, Hindustani, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Welsh, Gaelic, and other foreign language speakers. Come on NHS, you either cater for all, or you use the language of THIS country, English.
What about the Urdu, Hindustani, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Welsh, Gaelic, and other foreign language speakers. Come on NHS, you either cater for all, or you use the language of THIS country, English. avaniceday
  • Score: -4

12:11am Fri 13 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

my old dad spent 6 years of his life fighting the nazis to uphold tolerance and decency, alongside people from many countries. He did not believe that we could ever return to narrow minded nationalism and everything we saw in the 1930s. He thought we had risen above that, got past it, grown up and moved on. Since we are all minorities in the end might be best not to start the process of chasing out the ones we don't like - tends not to end well.
my old dad spent 6 years of his life fighting the nazis to uphold tolerance and decency, alongside people from many countries. He did not believe that we could ever return to narrow minded nationalism and everything we saw in the 1930s. He thought we had risen above that, got past it, grown up and moved on. Since we are all minorities in the end might be best not to start the process of chasing out the ones we don't like - tends not to end well. WYSIATI
  • Score: 12

12:53am Fri 13 Jun 14

Hugh-G-Rection says...

WYSIATI wrote:
my old dad spent 6 years of his life fighting the nazis to uphold tolerance and decency, alongside people from many countries. He did not believe that we could ever return to narrow minded nationalism and everything we saw in the 1930s. He thought we had risen above that, got past it, grown up and moved on. Since we are all minorities in the end might be best not to start the process of chasing out the ones we don't like - tends not to end well.
Your dad probably fought the nazis because he had no choice.
Dont get on your high horse because someone disagrees with your left wing drivel.
[quote][p][bold]WYSIATI[/bold] wrote: my old dad spent 6 years of his life fighting the nazis to uphold tolerance and decency, alongside people from many countries. He did not believe that we could ever return to narrow minded nationalism and everything we saw in the 1930s. He thought we had risen above that, got past it, grown up and moved on. Since we are all minorities in the end might be best not to start the process of chasing out the ones we don't like - tends not to end well.[/p][/quote]Your dad probably fought the nazis because he had no choice. Dont get on your high horse because someone disagrees with your left wing drivel. Hugh-G-Rection
  • Score: 1

7:47am Fri 13 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

Hugh-G-Rection wrote:
WYSIATI wrote:
my old dad spent 6 years of his life fighting the nazis to uphold tolerance and decency, alongside people from many countries. He did not believe that we could ever return to narrow minded nationalism and everything we saw in the 1930s. He thought we had risen above that, got past it, grown up and moved on. Since we are all minorities in the end might be best not to start the process of chasing out the ones we don't like - tends not to end well.
Your dad probably fought the nazis because he had no choice.
Dont get on your high horse because someone disagrees with your left wing drivel.
not sure which is bigger, your ignorance or your offensiveness
[quote][p][bold]Hugh-G-Rection[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WYSIATI[/bold] wrote: my old dad spent 6 years of his life fighting the nazis to uphold tolerance and decency, alongside people from many countries. He did not believe that we could ever return to narrow minded nationalism and everything we saw in the 1930s. He thought we had risen above that, got past it, grown up and moved on. Since we are all minorities in the end might be best not to start the process of chasing out the ones we don't like - tends not to end well.[/p][/quote]Your dad probably fought the nazis because he had no choice. Dont get on your high horse because someone disagrees with your left wing drivel.[/p][/quote]not sure which is bigger, your ignorance or your offensiveness WYSIATI
  • Score: 7

9:21am Fri 13 Jun 14

William Rudd says...

Hugh-G-Rection wrote:
yokelyokel wrote:
Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended?

Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly.

Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success.

Stand by for the thumbs down!
Racist?
I thought the majority of poles were white?
That makes them the same race as me.
I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me.

So you think racism is just the colour of peoples skin?Warning thick sh*t ahead.
[quote][p][bold]Hugh-G-Rection[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]yokelyokel[/bold] wrote: Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended? Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly. Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success. Stand by for the thumbs down![/p][/quote]Racist? I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me.[/p][/quote]I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me. So you think racism is just the colour of peoples skin?Warning thick sh*t ahead. William Rudd
  • Score: 0

10:04am Fri 13 Jun 14

Hugh-G-Rection says...

William Rudd wrote:
Hugh-G-Rection wrote:
yokelyokel wrote:
Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended?

Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly.

Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success.

Stand by for the thumbs down!
Racist?
I thought the majority of poles were white?
That makes them the same race as me.
I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me.

So you think racism is just the colour of peoples skin?Warning thick sh*t ahead.
Next you will be telling us that muslims are a race.
[quote][p][bold]William Rudd[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hugh-G-Rection[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]yokelyokel[/bold] wrote: Unfortunately this story appearing on the HT website was bound to provoke some of the responses above. Is that what was intended? Well done to WYSIATI for tackling the racism and sarcasm calmly. Mental health is a serious issue. If Polish residents had a physical illness or injury no-one would (should) complain about them receiving treatment. It should be no different for mental health problems and to offer this kind of intervention at an early stage can prevent much more serious (and costly) consequences in the future. I hope it is a success. Stand by for the thumbs down![/p][/quote]Racist? I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me.[/p][/quote]I thought the majority of poles were white? That makes them the same race as me. So you think racism is just the colour of peoples skin?Warning thick sh*t ahead.[/p][/quote]Next you will be telling us that muslims are a race. Hugh-G-Rection
  • Score: 4

8:06pm Fri 13 Jun 14

tracyatlarge says...

Throughout Herefordshire there are elderly and disabled people - many of whom were born in the county - struggling with stress and anxiety because their care is being taken away due to Council and Government cuts. How about giving them a free course?...........Ex
cept that they wouldn't be able to attend it without the very help which is being taken away from them.
Throughout Herefordshire there are elderly and disabled people - many of whom were born in the county - struggling with stress and anxiety because their care is being taken away due to Council and Government cuts. How about giving them a free course?...........Ex cept that they wouldn't be able to attend it without the very help which is being taken away from them. tracyatlarge
  • Score: 10

9:41pm Fri 13 Jun 14

dippyhippy says...

Well said Wysiati.

I would agree with the content of your posts.

The tone of some of the comments left on this thread, leave an awful lot to be desired.

Join us over at Hereford Voice, where open and frank debates take place, without the need to insult each other.
Well said Wysiati. I would agree with the content of your posts. The tone of some of the comments left on this thread, leave an awful lot to be desired. Join us over at Hereford Voice, where open and frank debates take place, without the need to insult each other. dippyhippy
  • Score: 11

10:06pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Bindi2014 says...

Everybody's negative comments on here are not nice regarding the polish community, i agree you are entitled to your opinion but may i remind people that polish people helped Britain in the war, particularly in the battle of Britain, a fact of which is nice to know. :)
Everybody's negative comments on here are not nice regarding the polish community, i agree you are entitled to your opinion but may i remind people that polish people helped Britain in the war, particularly in the battle of Britain, a fact of which is nice to know. :) Bindi2014
  • Score: 0

11:10pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Hugh-G-Rection says...

Bindi2014 wrote:
Everybody's negative comments on here are not nice regarding the polish community, i agree you are entitled to your opinion but may i remind people that polish people helped Britain in the war, particularly in the battle of Britain, a fact of which is nice to know. :)
Thats lovely. But this is 2014 and there are far too many taking the p1ss of our services, jobs, low cost housing who cannot even speak english. This applies to all foreigners. It is wrong and the sooner we get the in out referendum, the better.
Call me xenophobic or whatever, but these are my views and only a facist would stop me from expressing my opinions. Enough is enough
[quote][p][bold]Bindi2014[/bold] wrote: Everybody's negative comments on here are not nice regarding the polish community, i agree you are entitled to your opinion but may i remind people that polish people helped Britain in the war, particularly in the battle of Britain, a fact of which is nice to know. :)[/p][/quote]Thats lovely. But this is 2014 and there are far too many taking the p1ss of our services, jobs, low cost housing who cannot even speak english. This applies to all foreigners. It is wrong and the sooner we get the in out referendum, the better. Call me xenophobic or whatever, but these are my views and only a facist would stop me from expressing my opinions. Enough is enough Hugh-G-Rection
  • Score: 17

8:49am Sun 15 Jun 14

Hereford person says...

We do have some nasty people in the county, I'm surprised at Herefordians if they write this stuff.
We do have some nasty people in the county, I'm surprised at Herefordians if they write this stuff. Hereford person
  • Score: -7

2:19pm Sun 15 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

Hugh-G-Rection wrote:
Bindi2014 wrote:
Everybody's negative comments on here are not nice regarding the polish community, i agree you are entitled to your opinion but may i remind people that polish people helped Britain in the war, particularly in the battle of Britain, a fact of which is nice to know. :)
Thats lovely. But this is 2014 and there are far too many taking the p1ss of our services, jobs, low cost housing who cannot even speak english. This applies to all foreigners. It is wrong and the sooner we get the in out referendum, the better.
Call me xenophobic or whatever, but these are my views and only a facist would stop me from expressing my opinions. Enough is enough
You'll be glad that my father volunteered to fight in the war against the facists when Hitler invaded Poland because he felt that your freedom and free speech were worth risking his life for. He was shot at and bombed by foreigners and still was balanced, calm and rational and never resorted to lazy slurs against them. The facists don't go recruiting among those who think it's not a bad thing that all people with mental health problems receive some help in this county - whether they speak English or not - they recruit among those who can be fooled into thinking all the problems are the fault of the foreigners/Jews/Musl
ims/any minority you want to put here.
[quote][p][bold]Hugh-G-Rection[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bindi2014[/bold] wrote: Everybody's negative comments on here are not nice regarding the polish community, i agree you are entitled to your opinion but may i remind people that polish people helped Britain in the war, particularly in the battle of Britain, a fact of which is nice to know. :)[/p][/quote]Thats lovely. But this is 2014 and there are far too many taking the p1ss of our services, jobs, low cost housing who cannot even speak english. This applies to all foreigners. It is wrong and the sooner we get the in out referendum, the better. Call me xenophobic or whatever, but these are my views and only a facist would stop me from expressing my opinions. Enough is enough[/p][/quote]You'll be glad that my father volunteered to fight in the war against the facists when Hitler invaded Poland because he felt that your freedom and free speech were worth risking his life for. He was shot at and bombed by foreigners and still was balanced, calm and rational and never resorted to lazy slurs against them. The facists don't go recruiting among those who think it's not a bad thing that all people with mental health problems receive some help in this county - whether they speak English or not - they recruit among those who can be fooled into thinking all the problems are the fault of the foreigners/Jews/Musl ims/any minority you want to put here. WYSIATI
  • Score: 10

3:19pm Sun 15 Jun 14

dippyhippy says...

Afternoon Wysiati!

A balanced and thoughtful contribution. I would expect no less from you.

It's a real concern that so many have felt the need to comment in such a negative fashion. I do wonder if they have properly researched their facts before posting.
Maybe they are happy to just read the attention grabbing Daily Mail headlines, and cheerfully accept what they are told, without wishing to learn more.
Debate, and an exchange of views are good, but will only ever work if both parties are willing to listen.
On this particular thread, it would appear that hearing a different point of view is not an option to a lot of folks.

I would hope that this isn't a true reflection of how the majority feel.
Afternoon Wysiati! A balanced and thoughtful contribution. I would expect no less from you. It's a real concern that so many have felt the need to comment in such a negative fashion. I do wonder if they have properly researched their facts before posting. Maybe they are happy to just read the attention grabbing Daily Mail headlines, and cheerfully accept what they are told, without wishing to learn more. Debate, and an exchange of views are good, but will only ever work if both parties are willing to listen. On this particular thread, it would appear that hearing a different point of view is not an option to a lot of folks. I would hope that this isn't a true reflection of how the majority feel. dippyhippy
  • Score: 1

9:55pm Sun 15 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

Hi dippy, nice as ever to hear from you.

I would expect no more when someone chooses to call themselves a big di*k, spouting a load of b*oll*cks flows as naturally as night follows day. Sad though that so many others want to join in.

Never mind, most people are reasonable and when given the facts and not the propaganda will choose well.
Hi dippy, nice as ever to hear from you. I would expect no more when someone chooses to call themselves a big di*k, spouting a load of b*oll*cks flows as naturally as night follows day. Sad though that so many others want to join in. Never mind, most people are reasonable and when given the facts and not the propaganda will choose well. WYSIATI
  • Score: -2

10:44pm Sun 15 Jun 14

dippyhippy says...

Ah.

Hugh.
I wouldn't give this a moments thought, Wysiati.
I have pondered over this at length, and really, it's not his fault.

How can he possibly be expected to contemplate a perspective or opinion that differs from his own, when he has been unfortunate enough to be cursed with the narrowest of minds?? So narrow, there literally isn't the room for a new train of thought.

It's a real shame.

However, on the positive side, I hear that 2gether, are busy setting up a new course specifically to help with this kind of issue.

Happy days indeed!!
Ah. Hugh. I wouldn't give this a moments thought, Wysiati. I have pondered over this at length, and really, it's not his fault. How can he possibly be expected to contemplate a perspective or opinion that differs from his own, when he has been unfortunate enough to be cursed with the narrowest of minds?? So narrow, there literally isn't the room for a new train of thought. It's a real shame. However, on the positive side, I hear that 2gether, are busy setting up a new course specifically to help with this kind of issue. Happy days indeed!! dippyhippy
  • Score: 19

10:26am Mon 16 Jun 14

mizza21 says...

Dippy, lovely to hear from you. I miss you on here.

Wysi and others. Please don't feed the troll....it takes a moment longer to scroll past his/her comments and it's needless.
Dippy, lovely to hear from you. I miss you on here. Wysi and others. Please don't feed the troll....it takes a moment longer to scroll past his/her comments and it's needless. mizza21
  • Score: 7

3:50pm Mon 16 Jun 14

Ubique1 says...

Dippy , just cannot believe that you have , so far , received -7 on one of your comments ..... Do not let these faceless people who do not have the wherewithal to make a constructive comment stop you from making yours - and I know it will not. .Wysiati likewise.

I work on the below principles when it comes to posting on this and other sites.
Wysiati
" I don't have a problem with other people opinions as long as people understand my opinions . Then I don't have a problem to walk away and say 'you're entitled to your opinions'."
Dippy , just cannot believe that you have , so far , received -7 on one of your comments ..... Do not let these faceless people who do not have the wherewithal to make a constructive comment stop you from making yours - and I know it will not. .Wysiati likewise. I work on the below principles when it comes to posting on this and other sites. Wysiati " I don't have a problem with other people opinions as long as people understand my opinions . Then I don't have a problem to walk away and say 'you're entitled to your opinions'." Ubique1
  • Score: 2

4:23pm Mon 16 Jun 14

dippyhippy says...

Hello Ubique,
Please don't worry yourself about the thumb vote.....it's a lazy way of leaving a comment!! As you know, I don't post on here much anymore, but reading through a few of the remarks madei...I just had to.

Hi Mizza!
Wise words from you...I was about to take aim with a sticky bun, but I'll put it back in my pocket!!
Hello Ubique, Please don't worry yourself about the thumb vote.....it's a lazy way of leaving a comment!! As you know, I don't post on here much anymore, but reading through a few of the remarks madei...I just had to. Hi Mizza! Wise words from you...I was about to take aim with a sticky bun, but I'll put it back in my pocket!! dippyhippy
  • Score: 10

6:21pm Mon 16 Jun 14

WYSIATI says...

Ubique, Mizza, Dippy - no one enjoys a debate based on facts and discussion more than me - harder to ignore someone who doesn't know my late father casually insulting him or inflammatory generalisations based on nothing more than prejudice.

As Edmund Burke may or may not have said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - or say nothing.
Ubique, Mizza, Dippy - no one enjoys a debate based on facts and discussion more than me - harder to ignore someone who doesn't know my late father casually insulting him or inflammatory generalisations based on nothing more than prejudice. As Edmund Burke may or may not have said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - or say nothing. WYSIATI
  • Score: 7

9:26pm Mon 16 Jun 14

Clarkester says...

So many blinkered, narrow minded people about.
I'm just glad that not everybody is quite so xenophobic.
As commented earlier, there are indeed free courses for anxious, scared, and depressed English speaking people, doesn't take long to find it.
So many blinkered, narrow minded people about. I'm just glad that not everybody is quite so xenophobic. As commented earlier, there are indeed free courses for anxious, scared, and depressed English speaking people, doesn't take long to find it. Clarkester
  • Score: 7

10:46am Tue 17 Jun 14

mizza21 says...

WYSIATI

I've re-read some of this and Mr Rection is actually reasonable on this thread.
I find his opinions offensive but dam right he should be able to express them.
Poles fought alongside us in the war. Bled with our Grandfathers and died with them. Yet now they are not good enough to live in our country?
These are our brother, not invaders.

I just assumed Mr Rection was trolling because he/she does it on other threads.
Apologies Mr Rection.
WYSIATI I've re-read some of this and Mr Rection is actually reasonable on this thread. I find his opinions offensive but dam right he should be able to express them. Poles fought alongside us in the war. Bled with our Grandfathers and died with them. Yet now they are not good enough to live in our country? These are our brother, not invaders. I just assumed Mr Rection was trolling because he/she does it on other threads. Apologies Mr Rection. mizza21
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree