Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
10 signs that summer's on the way in Herefordshire
Updated 10:13am Monday 12th May 2014 in News
1. Large men wearing rugby shirts that are too tight for comfort – theirs and yours.
And stubbornly continuing to wear them long after the weather’s turned wintry two days later....
This sir -
Does not go into this -
2. Only one thing worse than that – taking the shirt off completely..No you’re not God’s gift
3. Women who think they’ve ‘got it’ – but don’t actually ‘have it’ wearing shorts that are seconds away from being lost forever, or skinny lads who think they look like a Chippendale – walking round with their tough-looking dog and their top off.
4. Hay-on-Wye (below) becomes little London - or in other words, the centre of the universe - as festival season draws upon us.
5. All the ‘characters’ are out on Castle Green getting sunburnt, while on Cathedral Close students gather and guitars and picnics come out..
6. B&Q Hereford : War breaks out over the last paddling pool, and in Sainsbury’s it’s a fight to the death over the last sausage....
7. Ice cream van at the Victoria Bridge....
8. Rivers become so shallow the Environment Agency has to rescue stranded fish.
9. You will not get a seat at Coffee Cart in High Town for love or money.
10. You have to sit your kids down and give them the inevitable annual lecture on not going in the river – e.g. Leominster’s ‘Blue Lagoon’(a murky green pool), or swimming in quarries – because every year people risk their lives doing just that.
Comments are closed on this article.