Public meeting over Herefordshire university plan to tease out "hidden talent" (From Hereford Times)
Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Public meeting over county university plan
THE county’s new university project is to host a public meeting this Saturday (April 5) to tease out “hidden talent”.
Pitched as a project briefing, the meeting will outline progress made and parts that “hidden talent” could play in future.
Project leader Karen Usher said: “We are increasingly confident that a new university in Herefordshire is a possibility. With a team of over 40 volunteers now helping drive the project, we are accelerating towards our ambitious target of being open for students in 2017.
“As the project grows we are keen to involve more Herefordians. We are calling on Herefordshire’s ‘hidden talent’ to lend us a hand in whatever way excites their interests or enthusiasms.”
The meeting is set for The Starlight Room, Hereford United, from 10:00 to 12:00.
On the agenda is:
• An update the community on the plans and progress of the project.
• Outlines of the benefits to residents and businesses in Herefordshire.
• The university’s likely impact on job prospects, wage levels and life chances.
• The project’s potential to transform the social and economic prospects of the county.
• Ways in which businesses and residents can become involved.
To reserve a seat go to:
Comments are closed on this article.