Asbestos tests undertaken at Hereford County Hospital after contractor falls through ceiling

A n area of Hereford County Hospital was sealed off after a contractor fell through a ceiling.

A n area of Hereford County Hospital was sealed off after a contractor fell through a ceiling.

First published in News

A CONTRACTOR fell through a ceiling at Hereford County Hospital.

The man was checked over by A&E staff for minor injuries on Monday morning following the accident in the hospital's back offices.

Seven members of staff were put through the hospital's decontamination unit as a precaution, while the area was sealed off so that tests on air, dust and debris could be undertaken.

However, hospital spokesman John Burnett said that no asbestos was found.

Robert Money, who was in the A&E department at the time of the incident, said that staff dealt with the situation very well.

"I saw a variety of drinks being handed out to staff victims who had inhaled dust thought to have been asbestos related - they took no chances and collected all used tissues in hazardous waste bags," said Robert.

"There was no fuss or noticeable disruption to the public using A&E as the wonderful staff nurses just kept people moving throughout."

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:56pm Wed 12 Mar 14

Gillian1961 says...

At least he was in the right place for treatment
At least he was in the right place for treatment Gillian1961
  • Score: 0

11:08pm Wed 12 Mar 14

TwoWheelsGood says...

Asbestos hasn't been used for donkeys years. The building managers should have known that.
Asbestos hasn't been used for donkeys years. The building managers should have known that. TwoWheelsGood
  • Score: 3

8:24am Thu 13 Mar 14

William Rudd says...

TwoWheelsGood wrote:
Asbestos hasn't been used for donkeys years. The building managers should have known that.
He fell through a few suspended ceiling tiles.Asbestos lol
[quote][p][bold]TwoWheelsGood[/bold] wrote: Asbestos hasn't been used for donkeys years. The building managers should have known that.[/p][/quote]He fell through a few suspended ceiling tiles.Asbestos lol William Rudd
  • Score: -2

10:00am Thu 13 Mar 14

mlevans says...

The premise should have an Asbestos Register so they could have check before spending all that money on decontamination
The premise should have an Asbestos Register so they could have check before spending all that money on decontamination mlevans
  • Score: 0

2:33pm Fri 14 Mar 14

fordshire77 says...

I think the only part of the hospital is on the huts out the back which probably on the register but some jobs worth thought it worth spending £1000s on tests which were compleatly unnessary! the sad thing is that they will now spend £1000s on an inquiry to what happend and how to prevent it in the future!
this is why the trust is on its knees!
I think the only part of the hospital is on the huts out the back which probably on the register but some jobs worth thought it worth spending £1000s on tests which were compleatly unnessary! the sad thing is that they will now spend £1000s on an inquiry to what happend and how to prevent it in the future! this is why the trust is on its knees! fordshire77
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree