LiveTwo superstore plans in Leominster are turned down by Herefordshire Council

First published in News
Last updated

This live event has finished

Summary

  • County planners have voted against plans for two new superstores in Leominster.

8:34pm

12:42pm

Thanks for following our live blog. Please send your own views and comments about the planning committee's decision to refuse the two stores.

12:36pm

Please send us your comments and views about the decision to refuse two new superstores for Leominster.

 

 

 

 

12:27pm

Both applications for new superstores in Leominster have been refused. 

12:12pm

Councillors have voted to refuse the application.

12:12pm

Vote now being taken. 

12:11pm

"We have to find a different way for towns and cities to expand without messing with the complexity of the organic way of how town centres work and profit local people," coun Hubbard says.

12:09pm

Coun Edwards says this site could be more beneficial to Leominster as a housing development, if flooding issues addressed.

12:02pm

Councillor Peter Jones, also a local member, says he is in support of the application however.

12:02pm

The application is "not something to be supported", coun Norman adds.

She asks county planners to support the officer's recommendation for refusal.

12:00pm

The area is well-known as a "wet area", she adds.

Trains are set to become more frequent too, with more time given each time the gates are closed.

Likely to see "congestion, frustration and also potential danger". 

11:55am

She notes that a new out of town superstore in Llandrindod Wells has seen a "ghost town" emerge as a result.

11:53am

Local member Felicity Norman says the store is "colossal" in size. 

Morrisons is 30,000sq ft while this store would be 50,000sq ft. 

11:51am

Mr A Ingram, the applicant's agent, requests deferral of the application to allow more time to address reasons for refusal. 

11:50am

He adds that a new petrol filling station, with discounted prices, could have a real impact on traffic.

There is only one other between Hope-under-Dinmore and Shrewsbury on the A49. 

 

11:46am

John Verity, of Leominster Civic Society, says 122 objections to the application were submitted online.

 

11:44am

Leominster town councillor Peter Ellis says town council recommended refusal of the application due to:

Traffic increase on the road and impact of a new roundabout and pedestrian crossing.

Possible flooding.

Impact on town centre. Linked trips unlikely again in this case.

 

 

11:27am

Next up for debate is the application for a Sainsbury's store with a petrol station on the current site of steel fabricator Dales - off Mill Street.

Dales is seeking to move to a new site on the town’s enterprise park.

A new roundabout would be built on Mill Street as access for the proposed store is just 150 yards from the railway level crossing, with Mill Street itself part of the A44 – said to be “prone” to tailbacks.

Officers have also recommended refusal for this application. 

11:14am

Application has been refused with nine votes in support of refusal and six against.

No superstore for Southern Avenue.

 

11:12am

The vote is now to be made.

11:07am

Councillors Gary Swinford and Anthony Powers support officer's recommendation for refusal.

11:04am

People will be drawn into Leominster from the fringes of Hereford to shop here, councillor Bob Matthews says.

It would be "irresponsible" to refuse.

11:02am

Consumer choice has changed since the 20th century, he adds.

Superstores give "bog standard" choice and real choice "disappears". 

Local butchers, greengrocers are put out of business. Those jobs are "real jobs" where money earned is a better standard of money than what supermarkets are paying.

10:57am

Councillor Mark Hubbard says he has concerns about Leominster town centre.

10:56am

Leominster has a significant tourism trade and there is a need to look after the town's assets, coun Norman adds. 

Asks for refusal of the application. 

10:51am

This site is really a "no-go" site for the superstore, councillor Felicity Norman says.

Would see increased reliance on cars, environmentally unsustainable.

Linked trips very unlikely. 

10:49am

People need places where they can afford to shop, says councillor Adrian Bridges.

Access to the site does not seem to be an issue in this case.

10:48am

Coun Phil Edwards asks about future of housing for  Leominster and whether the £1million for town centre development is still being offered by applicant.

10:44am

Coun Roger Hunt says the application is extremely important and will have a real effect on Leominster  in the future.

"No doubt" a demand for another supermarket in Leominster.

 

10:38am

Town centre traders offer personal service. Leominster residents are loyal and would continue to use them regardless of new superstore.

 

10:35am

Thomas Panels need to expand and employ more people, Coun McCaull says.

But the business is still committed to staying in Leominster, meaning more local jobs.

 

10:32am

Access to the site would be easy. No railways or rivers to consider.

10:31am

Says there are already some very successful retail businesses on Southern Avenue.

 

10:30am

Local members, councillor Roger Hunt and councillor Peter McCaull, now to speak.

Councillor McCaull up first.

10:25am

Alex Brodie, director of Morbaine Ltd, now speaking.

Says reasons for refusal are without substantiation.

10:23am

Current town centre supermarkets offer free parking and encourage linked trips to town centre.

 

10:20am

David Mifflin, a green grocer from Leominster, asks county planners to refuse the application.

Town centre businesses already been affected by losing free car parks.

10:19am

Leominster town Councillor Peter Ellis speaking about concerns of the proposal.

Says it is more than 1km from the town centre. Linked trips unlikely.

 

 

10:17am

Recommends application for refusal.

10:13am

Officer Andrew Banks is presenting this application. 

He says officers are concerned that its location, close to the A49, could see it being used as a "one-stop" shop without linked visits to the town centre.

10:09am

This application was originally put to planners in September and recommended for refusal.

But the committee deferred its decision, despite some support for the scheme from members, while Morbaine was given time to address reasons for refusal recommended at the time.

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:09pm Wed 8 Jan 14

redyoll says...

Yet another politically motivated planning decision
Yet another politically motivated planning decision redyoll
  • Score: -14

1:59pm Wed 8 Jan 14

RichHadley says...

Two excellent decisions that affirm national planning policy in ensuring that retail developments do not damage town centres' 'vitality and viability'. Much was made by the out of town superstore proponents - albeit incoherently - that there was both a need and support for more supermarkets in Leominster.

On the contrary, all evidence suggests that either of the two proposed supermarkets way out of town, would have crushed existing trade in Leominster town centre, and closed down many local retail businesses and their local suppliers. There's only so much shopping expenditure to go round. As to 'local support' the figures speak for themselves: 90 odd written objections and four letters of support. Leominster is very well served by supermarkets - it has a large Morrisons, an Aldi and a Coop.

Well done Herefordshire Planners in upholding local and national planning policy, accepting the compelling evidence from planning officers and using good common sense in deciding in favour of Leominster's economic survival. A great result.
Two excellent decisions that affirm national planning policy in ensuring that retail developments do not damage town centres' 'vitality and viability'. Much was made by the out of town superstore proponents - albeit incoherently - that there was both a need and support for more supermarkets in Leominster. On the contrary, all evidence suggests that either of the two proposed supermarkets way out of town, would have crushed existing trade in Leominster town centre, and closed down many local retail businesses and their local suppliers. There's only so much shopping expenditure to go round. As to 'local support' the figures speak for themselves: 90 odd written objections and four letters of support. Leominster is very well served by supermarkets - it has a large Morrisons, an Aldi and a Coop. Well done Herefordshire Planners in upholding local and national planning policy, accepting the compelling evidence from planning officers and using good common sense in deciding in favour of Leominster's economic survival. A great result. RichHadley
  • Score: 13

3:19pm Wed 8 Jan 14

fordshire77 says...

Small minded wealthy jobs worth councillors have lost the fore sight to lookout for the future of Leominster!
When Thomas Panels leave the sight that is too small for them and move 50+ miles away and a lot of people lose there jobs and those teenagers who live in Leominster miss out on 200+ jobs a new supermarket would have brought and the extra income some shops would have got from this supermarket! They can point it down to this day!
Sad very sad we living in the Leominster area can not just bury our heads in the sand….more houses WILL be built but there will be less jobs to go round!
HEREFORD COUNCIL SHAME ON YOU…… AGAIN!
Small minded wealthy jobs worth councillors have lost the fore sight to lookout for the future of Leominster! When Thomas Panels leave the sight that is too small for them and move 50+ miles away and a lot of people lose there jobs and those teenagers who live in Leominster miss out on 200+ jobs a new supermarket would have brought and the extra income some shops would have got from this supermarket! They can point it down to this day! Sad very sad we living in the Leominster area can not just bury our heads in the sand….more houses WILL be built but there will be less jobs to go round! HEREFORD COUNCIL SHAME ON YOU…… AGAIN! fordshire77
  • Score: -17

3:20pm Wed 8 Jan 14

himsworth says...

I fear this was a bad decision as Leominster needs to keep its young people so jobs and opportunities from two supermarkets would have helped. Morrisions needs competition desperately. Planners seem intent on helping Leominster along into the grave. While giving Hereford everything.
I fear this was a bad decision as Leominster needs to keep its young people so jobs and opportunities from two supermarkets would have helped. Morrisions needs competition desperately. Planners seem intent on helping Leominster along into the grave. While giving Hereford everything. himsworth
  • Score: -15

3:30pm Wed 8 Jan 14

mizza21 says...

A huge Supermarket which swamps all other local traders, increases the traffic and lines the pockets of foreign investors so that the Kids have some minimum wage jobs?

If that is the extent of your aspirations for your town then SHAME ON YOU.
A huge Supermarket which swamps all other local traders, increases the traffic and lines the pockets of foreign investors so that the Kids have some minimum wage jobs? If that is the extent of your aspirations for your town then SHAME ON YOU. mizza21
  • Score: 20

4:24pm Wed 8 Jan 14

RichHadley says...

fordshire77 wrote:
Small minded wealthy jobs worth councillors have lost the fore sight to lookout for the future of Leominster!
When Thomas Panels leave the sight that is too small for them and move 50+ miles away and a lot of people lose there jobs and those teenagers who live in Leominster miss out on 200+ jobs a new supermarket would have brought and the extra income some shops would have got from this supermarket! They can point it down to this day!
Sad very sad we living in the Leominster area can not just bury our heads in the sand….more houses WILL be built but there will be less jobs to go round!
HEREFORD COUNCIL SHAME ON YOU…… AGAIN!
I love that these companies who stand to gain several million quid from the supermarket developers by converting their industrial land into prime retail estate, argue that they need to expand - into SMALLER premises! The existing Dales site has a massive footprint with ample space to expand.

On question of jobs, when an out of town supermarket development opens on average 276 jobs are lost in the local economy according to Government figures. That's because they close down existing shops in town centres which in turn affects local produce/product suppliers and support services like builders, window cleaners and accountants. In Ledbury research confirmed that around 500 jobs are dependent on the local town centre economy.

Supermarkets are finely honed money-making machines which employ less people per square retail foot than traditional shops. They're even doing with the check-out staff now that we're all encouraged to use self-scan and other technologies.

Don't be fooled by the misleading claims pumped out by the supermarket PR spin doctors.
[quote][p][bold]fordshire77[/bold] wrote: Small minded wealthy jobs worth councillors have lost the fore sight to lookout for the future of Leominster! When Thomas Panels leave the sight that is too small for them and move 50+ miles away and a lot of people lose there jobs and those teenagers who live in Leominster miss out on 200+ jobs a new supermarket would have brought and the extra income some shops would have got from this supermarket! They can point it down to this day! Sad very sad we living in the Leominster area can not just bury our heads in the sand….more houses WILL be built but there will be less jobs to go round! HEREFORD COUNCIL SHAME ON YOU…… AGAIN![/p][/quote]I love that these companies who stand to gain several million quid from the supermarket developers by converting their industrial land into prime retail estate, argue that they need to expand - into SMALLER premises! The existing Dales site has a massive footprint with ample space to expand. On question of jobs, when an out of town supermarket development opens on average 276 jobs are lost in the local economy according to Government figures. That's because they close down existing shops in town centres which in turn affects local produce/product suppliers and support services like builders, window cleaners and accountants. In Ledbury research confirmed that around 500 jobs are dependent on the local town centre economy. Supermarkets are finely honed money-making machines which employ less people per square retail foot than traditional shops. They're even doing with the check-out staff now that we're all encouraged to use self-scan and other technologies. Don't be fooled by the misleading claims pumped out by the supermarket PR spin doctors. RichHadley
  • Score: 20

6:23pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Davens says...

Trying to build on flood plains. Madness!!! Dales site. Well done Herefordshire council!!!!
Trying to build on flood plains. Madness!!! Dales site. Well done Herefordshire council!!!! Davens
  • Score: 17

7:44pm Wed 8 Jan 14

oldergit says...

Come to Hereford and shop. We have loads of supermarkets and will be having some more in the future.
Come to Hereford and shop. We have loads of supermarkets and will be having some more in the future. oldergit
  • Score: 20

8:10pm Wed 8 Jan 14

zoedark says...

welcome to leominster the home of charity shops, cafes/takeaway, hairdressers and of course our antique shops. what happened to the questionaire i filled out and many others aswell asking us what we wanted for our town of leominster not ledbury or ross on wye but leominster. the council are quick enough accepting stupid companys to come to leominster that will only employe a handful of people.
welcome to leominster the home of charity shops, cafes/takeaway, hairdressers and of course our antique shops. what happened to the questionaire i filled out and many others aswell asking us what we wanted for our town of leominster not ledbury or ross on wye but leominster. the council are quick enough accepting stupid companys to come to leominster that will only employe a handful of people. zoedark
  • Score: -12

9:17am Thu 9 Jan 14

fordshire77 says...

I walked around the town centre yesterday and "majority" of the shops are specialist shops OR run by large corporate companies like Boots,WH Smiths and an Orange phone shop to name just a few, but apart from a green grousers and three butchers which will be pretty much unaffected as we all know that supermarkets cant beat them on quality.
the Dales site was always going to be a no go because of the railway.
But the Thomas site would have been a good site, I just hope Thomas Panels can afford to stay in Leominster as I know quite a few people who work there who don’t drive, so if they moved to Hereford or further away then there will be a fair chance they will lose there jobs.
it pains me to say this but we (the people of Leominster NOT Hereford) have to move with the times....car parking in Leominster is shockingly expensive and as we are all to busy in our lives to go shopping we now spend so much more time shopping on line to get the bargains a supermarket is hardly going to kill the town centre. we should take the MASSIVE cash pot that is being offered to the town to help make the town centre more attractive to other companies, if not for this generation do it for the next one!
I walked around the town centre yesterday and "majority" of the shops are specialist shops OR run by large corporate companies like Boots,WH Smiths and an Orange phone shop to name just a few, but apart from a green grousers and three butchers which will be pretty much unaffected as we all know that supermarkets cant beat them on quality. the Dales site was always going to be a no go because of the railway. But the Thomas site would have been a good site, I just hope Thomas Panels can afford to stay in Leominster as I know quite a few people who work there who don’t drive, so if they moved to Hereford or further away then there will be a fair chance they will lose there jobs. it pains me to say this but we (the people of Leominster NOT Hereford) have to move with the times....car parking in Leominster is shockingly expensive and as we are all to busy in our lives to go shopping we now spend so much more time shopping on line to get the bargains a supermarket is hardly going to kill the town centre. we should take the MASSIVE cash pot that is being offered to the town to help make the town centre more attractive to other companies, if not for this generation do it for the next one! fordshire77
  • Score: -6

2:18pm Thu 9 Jan 14

Bromyard Boy says...

HT removed my previous post because I was offensive?
To whom, certainly not to the real local people?
To refuse this application is shirtsighted and only plays into the pockets of these minority groups, who do not speak for the majority of the locals att all.
HT removed my previous post because I was offensive? To whom, certainly not to the real local people? To refuse this application is shirtsighted and only plays into the pockets of these minority groups, who do not speak for the majority of the locals att all. Bromyard Boy
  • Score: -10

2:26pm Thu 9 Jan 14

Bromyard Boy says...

I really do not know why some people are bent on knocking the supermarkets, calling them money grabbers etc?
They provide cheap and top quality food for us all, what is so wrong with that?
If a local business cannot compete, then they should cease trading and seek employemt elsewhere.
And before some mouth wades in and says 'be a different story if you were in business, blah blah'. I am in business and have a shop in Hereford, so I do know both sides. :)
I really do not know why some people are bent on knocking the supermarkets, calling them money grabbers etc? They provide cheap and top quality food for us all, what is so wrong with that? If a local business cannot compete, then they should cease trading and seek employemt elsewhere. And before some mouth wades in and says 'be a different story if you were in business, blah blah'. I am in business and have a shop in Hereford, so I do know both sides. :) Bromyard Boy
  • Score: -8

2:41pm Thu 9 Jan 14

drewinledbury says...

Bromyard Boy wrote:
HT removed my previous post because I was offensive?
To whom, certainly not to the real local people?
To refuse this application is shirtsighted and only plays into the pockets of these minority groups, who do not speak for the majority of the locals att all.
Because you called people with an opposite opinion cretins and morons?
[quote][p][bold]Bromyard Boy[/bold] wrote: HT removed my previous post because I was offensive? To whom, certainly not to the real local people? To refuse this application is shirtsighted and only plays into the pockets of these minority groups, who do not speak for the majority of the locals att all.[/p][/quote]Because you called people with an opposite opinion cretins and morons? drewinledbury
  • Score: 17

3:25pm Thu 9 Jan 14

fordshire77 says...

yeah cretins and morons isn’t the best words to use BUT narrow minded is, if people didn’t embrace change then we would still be going round on horse and carts!
Morrison’s have no real competition, recently there was an advert on TV where Morrison’s were dropping the price of fuel by 4p a litre, Leominster didn’t drop there price, when I question this at Morrison’s garage I was told its selected stores only and his opinion was that unless other petrol stations in the town dropped there’s they wouldn’t bother.
yeah cretins and morons isn’t the best words to use BUT narrow minded is, if people didn’t embrace change then we would still be going round on horse and carts! Morrison’s have no real competition, recently there was an advert on TV where Morrison’s were dropping the price of fuel by 4p a litre, Leominster didn’t drop there price, when I question this at Morrison’s garage I was told its selected stores only and his opinion was that unless other petrol stations in the town dropped there’s they wouldn’t bother. fordshire77
  • Score: -9

4:19pm Thu 9 Jan 14

Bromyard Boy says...

free country, free speech?
Why should HT act as censor?
Hardly offensive language is it?
free country, free speech? Why should HT act as censor? Hardly offensive language is it? Bromyard Boy
  • Score: -13

4:42pm Thu 9 Jan 14

SchizTroll says...

Bromyard Boy wrote:
free country, free speech?
Why should HT act as censor?
Hardly offensive language is it?
So if i call you a narrow minded cretin with a great big moronic mouth who speaks for a tiny bunch of inward looking "real locals" who couldnt care less about there town, that would be cool? Yeah right. Im not by the way, cause I woudlnt stoop so low.

Look Bromyard boyo, your entitled to your opinons but dont automatically assume your always right or on the majority side. Maybe you are or maybe your not but you have no way of knowing without having a vote on it. The main thing about you lot is you just cant stand anyone disagreeing with you, just falling back on insults and absue like kids in the playground. Grow up and learn to discuss stuff like most other people on here. Then maybe people might take more notice of what youve got to say.
[quote][p][bold]Bromyard Boy[/bold] wrote: free country, free speech? Why should HT act as censor? Hardly offensive language is it?[/p][/quote]So if i call you a narrow minded cretin with a great big moronic mouth who speaks for a tiny bunch of inward looking "real locals" who couldnt care less about there town, that would be cool? Yeah right. Im not by the way, cause I woudlnt stoop so low. Look Bromyard boyo, your entitled to your opinons but dont automatically assume your always right or on the majority side. Maybe you are or maybe your not but you have no way of knowing without having a vote on it. The main thing about you lot is you just cant stand anyone disagreeing with you, just falling back on insults and absue like kids in the playground. Grow up and learn to discuss stuff like most other people on here. Then maybe people might take more notice of what youve got to say. SchizTroll
  • Score: 17

10:03am Fri 10 Jan 14

mizza21 says...

YAY Schiztroll is back !!!

Bromyard Boy. I expect your latest post will not last long either.

Check out all the posts on the bus crash thread,, Oh no.. you can't coz the whole lot was deleted.
That's why a lot of posters have left this site to post on Hereford Voice.

I still support the HT though and want nothing in return other than the consistent high quality Journalism produced weekly by this very high quality organ.
YAY Schiztroll is back !!! Bromyard Boy. I expect your latest post will not last long either. Check out all the posts on the bus crash thread,, Oh no.. you can't coz the whole lot was deleted. That's why a lot of posters have left this site to post on Hereford Voice. I still support the HT though and want nothing in return other than the consistent high quality Journalism produced weekly by this very high quality organ. mizza21
  • Score: -3

11:12am Fri 10 Jan 14

drewinledbury says...

mizza21 wrote:
YAY Schiztroll is back !!!

Bromyard Boy. I expect your latest post will not last long either.

Check out all the posts on the bus crash thread,, Oh no.. you can't coz the whole lot was deleted.
That's why a lot of posters have left this site to post on Hereford Voice.

I still support the HT though and want nothing in return other than the consistent high quality Journalism produced weekly by this very high quality organ.
mizza21, I normally enjoy and agree with your posts but I reported Bromyard Boy...not because I disagree with him (though I do) but because if we descend to calling each other cretins and morons we start arguing about each other and not about the issues. It was not about stifling free speech but cutting out personal insults.
[quote][p][bold]mizza21[/bold] wrote: YAY Schiztroll is back !!! Bromyard Boy. I expect your latest post will not last long either. Check out all the posts on the bus crash thread,, Oh no.. you can't coz the whole lot was deleted. That's why a lot of posters have left this site to post on Hereford Voice. I still support the HT though and want nothing in return other than the consistent high quality Journalism produced weekly by this very high quality organ.[/p][/quote]mizza21, I normally enjoy and agree with your posts but I reported Bromyard Boy...not because I disagree with him (though I do) but because if we descend to calling each other cretins and morons we start arguing about each other and not about the issues. It was not about stifling free speech but cutting out personal insults. drewinledbury
  • Score: 13

10:01am Sat 11 Jan 14

ad47uk says...

So they stop two supermarkets in Leominster because they will affect local bushiness, but they allow a monstrosity at the old Market in Hereford including another supermarket to be built which will affect local bushinesses.

Um.
So they stop two supermarkets in Leominster because they will affect local bushiness, but they allow a monstrosity at the old Market in Hereford including another supermarket to be built which will affect local bushinesses. Um. ad47uk
  • Score: 6

4:37pm Sun 12 Jan 14

Andrew Warmington says...

Um nothing. Every application is, as it has to be, treated on its merits and voted through - or not - by a majority in the Planning Committee. I agree that what's going up in Hereford is a monstrosity that will at best displace business from elsewhere in the city but because that went up it doesn't follow that either of these should have gone through too.
Um nothing. Every application is, as it has to be, treated on its merits and voted through - or not - by a majority in the Planning Committee. I agree that what's going up in Hereford is a monstrosity that will at best displace business from elsewhere in the city but because that went up it doesn't follow that either of these should have gone through too. Andrew Warmington
  • Score: 2

10:44am Mon 13 Jan 14

mizza21 says...

drewinledbury wrote:
mizza21 wrote:
YAY Schiztroll is back !!!

Bromyard Boy. I expect your latest post will not last long either.

Check out all the posts on the bus crash thread,, Oh no.. you can't coz the whole lot was deleted.
That's why a lot of posters have left this site to post on Hereford Voice.

I still support the HT though and want nothing in return other than the consistent high quality Journalism produced weekly by this very high quality organ.
mizza21, I normally enjoy and agree with your posts but I reported Bromyard Boy...not because I disagree with him (though I do) but because if we descend to calling each other cretins and morons we start arguing about each other and not about the issues. It was not about stifling free speech but cutting out personal insults.
Ok, Fair point.
I was more interested in the deletion/censoring of posts, but I take your point that name calling is rather offensive and unnecessary.
[quote][p][bold]drewinledbury[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mizza21[/bold] wrote: YAY Schiztroll is back !!! Bromyard Boy. I expect your latest post will not last long either. Check out all the posts on the bus crash thread,, Oh no.. you can't coz the whole lot was deleted. That's why a lot of posters have left this site to post on Hereford Voice. I still support the HT though and want nothing in return other than the consistent high quality Journalism produced weekly by this very high quality organ.[/p][/quote]mizza21, I normally enjoy and agree with your posts but I reported Bromyard Boy...not because I disagree with him (though I do) but because if we descend to calling each other cretins and morons we start arguing about each other and not about the issues. It was not about stifling free speech but cutting out personal insults.[/p][/quote]Ok, Fair point. I was more interested in the deletion/censoring of posts, but I take your point that name calling is rather offensive and unnecessary. mizza21
  • Score: 4

11:22am Mon 13 Jan 14

ad47uk says...

Andrew Warmington wrote:
Um nothing. Every application is, as it has to be, treated on its merits and voted through - or not - by a majority in the Planning Committee. I agree that what's going up in Hereford is a monstrosity that will at best displace business from elsewhere in the city but because that went up it doesn't follow that either of these should have gone through too.
i got no trust in any of them.
[quote][p][bold]Andrew Warmington[/bold] wrote: Um nothing. Every application is, as it has to be, treated on its merits and voted through - or not - by a majority in the Planning Committee. I agree that what's going up in Hereford is a monstrosity that will at best displace business from elsewhere in the city but because that went up it doesn't follow that either of these should have gone through too.[/p][/quote]i got no trust in any of them. ad47uk
  • Score: 1

7:24am Tue 14 Jan 14

B the B says...

People of Leominster come into Hereford we have plenty of supermarkets and soon you can see the best thing that's happened to Hereford in years, the OLM .opening soon yahoo.
People of Leominster come into Hereford we have plenty of supermarkets and soon you can see the best thing that's happened to Hereford in years, the OLM .opening soon yahoo. B the B
  • Score: -5

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree