Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Figures reveal how much Herefordshire Council leaders earn a year
THE combined salaries of 13 senior managers at cash-strapped Herefordshire Council are now worth more than £1.2 million.
New figures confirm the salaries of the “lucky” 13 to make up the council’s top earners as from January 1 this year.
As previously revealed by the Hereford Times, the council needs to make up an unprecedented £10m shortfall on its budget for 2013/14 and has invited the public to “make your own cuts” with essential services already close to the bone.
The “lucky” 13 by post are:
• Chief Executive - £145,000
• Director of Corporate Services - £130,000
• Director for People’s Services (Director of Adult Social Services; Director of Children’s Services) - £120,000.
• Director for Places and Communities - £120,000
• Director of Public Health £97,478
• Asst. Director – Children and Young People’s Provider Services - £78,231
• Asst. Director – People’s Services Commissioning - £78,231
• Asst. Director – Economic, Environmental and Cultural Services - £76,176
• Asst. Director – Place Based Commissioning - £76,176
• Asst. Director – Homes and Community Services - £76,176
• Asst. Director of Law, Governance and Resilience (Monitoring Officer) - £90,000
• Asst. Director People, Policy and Partnerships - £78,231
• Chief Officer, Finance & Commercial Services - £90,000.
Combined sarlary total - £1,255,699.
The council’s employment panel meets next week to debate potential changes pay policies and terms and conditions.