Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting HT NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Local businesses to help Herefordians find work at employment seminar
THE agenda for Herefordshire’s “big match” business seminar later this month has been set - with one of the county’s biggest companies on side.
The seminar, also backed by the Hereford Times, follows the hugely successful “war for talent” at Rotherwas in October last year.
Then, the audience was told a post-recession Herefordshire had the potential to be the “number one employment opportunity” in the UK.
Now, talk moves to how that talent can be matched to the needs of companies either already established in the county or on the way.
On the seminar’s agenda are:
• Introduction to the current employment market.
• The pitfalls of searching for a new vacancy.
• Are you becoming reliant on job boards?
• “Brand – You” – what are your key differentiators.
• Writing successful key achievements based CV. (This session will include an opportunity to have your CV reviewed from both a recruitment and employer perspective).
• What NOT to include in a CV.
• Being proactive in your job search.
• Interview planning and techniques.
• Securing your job at offer stage.
• Brainstorming - getting your new position.
The seminar will be presented by Stuart Blake of Herefordshire Recruitment and DRS and Steve Foulger Head of Human Resources from allpay.
The cost of the Seminar is £45.00 - of which £10.00 will be donated equally to St Michaels Hospice, The Haven and Robocap. To enrol email email@example.com or call 01432 378031.
Comments are closed on this article.